Jump to content


Member Since 02 Aug 2007
Offline Last Active Aug 02 2007 03:45 PM

Topics I've Started

Old Paper British Driving Licence

02 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

I have been living out of the UK for about 7 years now and I still have the British old style paper licence. I finally decided that I must change it to the photocard but when I called the DVLA they said that they were only issued to UK residents I and that I had to exchange my licence for a Greek one.

What I was wondering was whether anyone had successfully used a friends/realtives address in the UK to get a new photocard (i.e. to they ask for any proof of residency)? Or has anyone swapped their UK licence for a Greek one. If so how do you go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.