5 replies to this topic

#1 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

we both went to hersonissos l.yr and noticed boat trip advertised around the harbour,this yr we wana go on a boat trip just wondered if any1 knew where they go how much r they?and do u actually catch them from hersonissos?cant wait now 4 weeks to go!!is there a bus to elounda from hersonissos ??how much woooo hoooooo

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

hi Look on the next page to see my response to a similar question - hope it helps.

Buses are very regular and inexpensive . from the main road in Hersonnisos take a bus to Agios Nikolaos and then you can get another to Elounda - the journey is as good as the destination - views from the buses are great and the air conditioning makes it bearable.

have fun!
Yvonne

#3 tinatoon

tinatoon

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

Ok. There is 2 different companies (I think) that do the boattrips in Hersonissos. U can choose between go 2 the little island of Dia towards Iraklion, or 2 the little village of Sissi beyond Malia towards Agios Nikolaos.
I have never been on the cruise 2 Dia, but 2 Sissi with ElGreco I've been several times. U leave the Hersonissos harbour by noon & come back @ 18.00. (The boats R exactly by the restaurant Cavo Doro, the ONLY 1 with terrace @ the sealevel.)
First U go towards Iraklion a bit & stop 4 about half an hours swimming outside the nudebeach. :wink:
Then U go 2 Sissi & stop there 4 about... 2,5 hours. U can have lunch in 1 of the local tavernas. I personally like "Mira Mare", the 1 closest 2 the harbour. There is also a beach on a walking distance from the harbour & small pittoresque boutiques. I have a favourite, don't remember the name though, but I always buy some small black statues there...
Anyway:
16.30 the boat goes back 2 Hersonissos with a short stop in Malia 4 swimming. U normally get some fruit on the way back, & R being served wine / juice & a sandwich on the way 2 Sissi.
U also get photographed when U board the boat. U can have a look @ the photos on the way 2 Sissi & I think they R 5 euros each. (Nice memory!) :)

The whole cruise is about 20 euros & in my opinion it's well worth it 4 a day on the sea. U get very tanned, U get away from Hersonissos 4 a short while & U also seen some more then ONLY the barstreet in Hersonissos on Ur holiday. (This is how I think!)

Sometimes both of the companies arrange nightcruises, but 2 B sure about all the details & prices etc, talk 2 some of the people selling the tickets. :)
Enjoy Ur holiday! :D

#4 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:46 AM

Really thank you very much for that info, it really has helped me.

#5 tinatoon

tinatoon

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

No problem, sorry I haven't been 2 Dia so I could tell U about that as well. I figure it's about the same on the boat, but since Dia is an island I think there is some kind of guided tour, beaches & maybe some watersports there once U arrive the island...

Maybe some1 else has been 2 Dia & can help us out here!?!

Anyway, enjoy Ur holiday.
(I can't WAIT 2 go Hersonissos myself, exactly 1 week left 2day! :D )

#6 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

Thanks again we go exactly 4 weeks today from birmingham !! Carnt wait now....