7 replies to this topic

#1 Tall_Guy

Tall_Guy

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

We have pretty much decided that we are going to stay in Matala for a week at the end of May first of June.
I "think" we have narrowed the hotels down to these 2 places :

Matala Valley Village -

Dimitris Villa Hotel -

We wanted a smaller hotel, no big resort, a pool, relatively close to the beach and a reasonable price.

This two places seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any experience with either place? We are also open to other suggestions but we should soon decide.

Thanks,
Paul
N 44 54.474
W 63 46.979

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:40 AM

Dear Paul,
as you can see, I have removed the links to the hotels from your message because this is against the forum guidelines which are mentioned in posting No2 on this forum. I understand that your intention was not to promote these businesses but I have to apply the rules to all messages in order to be fair with everybody on this forum.

I have no personal experience of the services offered by the hotels you mention but the owner of hotel No2 is responsible for serious copyright violations, as he or his webmaster have copied whole articles and photos from ExploreCrete and at least 4 more websites.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 Tall_Guy

Tall_Guy

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:03 PM

I apologize Yannis. I didn't read the guidelines as I should have prior to posting. I'll read them before posting again.
Paul
N 44 54.474
W 63 46.979

#4 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:51 PM

are you going to book them before you go Paul?

i was just thinking we're in Crete before you and will probably spend a couple of days in Matala, i could have a look at them then

chris

#5 Tall_Guy

Tall_Guy

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:57 PM

Hi Chris,

We kept flip flopping back & forth about whether we should pre book everything or not. The latest plan is to pre book. I think we are going to book a week in Matala & a week (maybe less) in Naxos. If we do this thru a Greek travel agency then they will also book the ferries for us also. My wife found another place she wants considered now....PRINCESS EUROPA HOTEL. It seems to have the same ammenities and is in the same price range as the other two.
This weekend we had agreed to finally pick a place but instead of narrowing down the possible places the list is getting longer. :?

If I had the nerve I'd cut off her internet connection. :twisted:
Hahaha, there is no way i am man enough to try that ! :shock:

Paul
N 44 54.474
W 63 46.979

#6 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:02 PM

Paul

don't do that, you don't want her cutting off anything in retailiation! :wink:

planning the trip is all part of the fun, you'll love it anywhere

chris

#7 Tall_Guy

Tall_Guy

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:33 PM

Hey Chris,

Naw, I'd never do that...I'm not that dumb ! :lol:

You are right though, we are having fun doing our own research & deciding for ourselves what we want to do & where we want to go. The last few years we have gone "down south" (that's the Carribean, when you live in eastern Canada...lol) and we are ready for something other than fancy all inclusive resorts that all look rather similiar....mind you, "all inclusive" means all the booze you can drink...damn, I'm gonna miss that ! :lol:

But you are right, no matter where we stay it will be fun as it will all be so new & different to us.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know of a "decent" hotel in central Athens, relatively close to a subway station and the touristy sight seeing areas that we could stay in for a couple of nights for less than 100 EUR per night ?

Paul
N 44 54.474
W 63 46.979

#8 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

I've only ever done the 'all inclusive' once and i won't do it again, i'm happy with a mythos and the odd raki. i also like to choose my food and see it cooked :lol:

can't help with Athens I'm afraid, maybe Yannis can?