4 replies to this topic

#1 dutch533

dutch533

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:25 AM

Wondering if anybody could let me know anything about this hotel as my family and i are booked in to stay for 2 weeks in may (Royal Belvedere - Hersonissos) the web site on the hotel looks very good but then again they all do. Also can anybody recomend places to eat and visit many thanks. ;)

#2 Nick

Nick

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:59 AM

Royal Belvedere is a very good hotel, being renovated this winter.

It's close to Star Beach, 5 minutes walk and has a very nice view of the big blue!

#3 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

its also a 5 minute walk to the town centre.

All the coach trips seem to start from the main gate, don't panic the hotel entrance is set back from there. The local road train starts here and that is worth a trip!!

And try Theodora's Taverna very near by

#4 dutch533

dutch533

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:39 AM

Many thanks you have put my mind at rest cant wait!!! :lol: :lol:

#5 Guest_Toni_*

Guest_Toni_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi,myself and a friend,both in our 30's stayed at the Royal Belvedere for a week last October !! The hotel was very nice,quite grand looking really,our room was in one of the other smaller buildings and not in the main hotel,it was a huge room,air-con etc,very nice BUT we heard several other English families complaining about their rooms being very basic and small so maybe we were lucky here?? Food/restaurant fine but abit repetative, all-inclusive package was fine. Swimming pool fantastic !! Only complaints were that the entertainment was poor at that time of year and we had to head out to town most nights,which by the way is never a 5 minute walk,more like 30 mins or 5 mins in a taxi !! (to the main bars) Just the walk from the main gate to the hotel was 5 minutes and very steep but there were a couple of donkeys on the way to say hi to and rest a minute !! Hardly any English people at beginning of October, mostly German but that could have been the time of year, hope you have a lovely holiday, we loved Hersonissos and will be going back asap, Toni. :D