1 reply to this topic

#1 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

Dave and I are coming out for a late season holiday to Tavronitis for 2 weeks in early October and am looking for things to visit/do that I've not done before.

I'm hoping to visit the Chestnut Festival in Elos on the 19th

I've found out about a Folklore Museum and a Typography museum in Chania centre that I've not seen before.

We'd love to see Nektarios Samolis performing live, if anyone knows if he's got any shows on (anywhere in Crete). We heard him performing from a distance last August/September and we have several of his albums.

My husband would love to visit Malame Air Field if they have an open day on (we've never yet visited at the right time to go to one), but I can't find any details of anything upcoming.

Any other tips or ideas for more "off the main tourist trail" things to do?

Thank you!

Curiouser and curiouser.....

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hi, Clare - can't help a lot I'm afraid.  The season for musical events is pretty much over, but keep an eye on the posters to see what's advertised.  Otherwise there's Argiropouli which is a nice little town to visit, though the tavernas at the springs may well be closing down by then (except for Sundays).  Vamos is also a nice little town especially the old part.  Anyway, let us know if you're going to be in our area at all and we can meet up. 

Pam