42 replies to this topic

#41 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi, Roy - the meeting is tomorrow at 11am, so have a quiet evening tonight and you should make it. We won't be there - for one thing we're not veterans and also we have a cat to take to the vets. Hope you have an enjoyable stay.

Pam

#42 ROYMISKELLY

ROYMISKELLY

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi pam,
Many thanks for that will attend just to get the atmosphere and final timings for events on Sat and Sunday.

Roy
RAF Regt Ass

#43 ROYMISKELLY

ROYMISKELLY

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hi,
Finally made it home after another 2 hour delay at the airport. Just want to say thank you to all for their assistance especially Maureen who put me right on timings otherwise I would have missed the RAF memorial. It was an honour for me to be able to lay a wreath at both locations although I did think I might fall over one of those tv crews at Suda Bay who were pushing everyone out of the way. The highlight for me was when I returned to the RAF Memorial to check out the name HESS as I could not find him on the CWG site or anywhere else for that matter and bumped into Ron Croxton and his two sons. What an Amazing tale he had to tell re Crete and his time in a lifeboat after the Laconia sinking. Then to discover he only lives 20 miles from me here in Lincolnshire. I have his address and will hopefully be able to visit with him and chat.

So once again many thanks to all for their help.

Best Wishes
Roy Miskelly
Chairman
Lincs Branch
RAF Regt Ass