#1 roubaud

roubaud

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Hello

I would like to know if this name exists in Crete in HANIA. I have a cousin who has an ancestor Esmeralda YALEDAKIS who married in October 20, 1913 in HANIA with Joseph ROUBAUD, French born in HANIA. Is what a person of the forum can seek in the old files of the city or the Catholic church of HANIA

thank you

#2 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

Roubaud
I don't know of anyone who uses this forum who will be able to make the enquiries you would like. Have you tried Googling the Crete phone directories? Some are online and you couod look through yourself perhaps.
Good Luck with it.
Tim

#3 Yorgos

Yorgos

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Roubaud,

I am a member of the Gialedakis family that originated at Askyfou, in the district of Sfakia, sometime in the early 1700’s, from what we have been able to determine. The Kagiales family is most likely a branch of that same family.

If you were to e-mail me I will be able to explain to you the difficulties that you will encounter while trying to find any links to Esmeralda.

My e-mail is ggiales at hotmail dot com. Substitute at and dot with @ and . where appropriate.

#4 roubaud

roubaud

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

Thank you Tim

Thank you Yorgos
I sent email to you , today
JFROUBAUD

#5 Mapia

Mapia

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

We had family that originated near Chania, they went by Halidakis. Spelling can be translated into may different ways.

#6 roubaud

roubaud

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

I do not know!
There were much other Europeans foreigner in Crete between 1850 and 1900, who married with Crete people.
If a woman married with French, English, Italian ecct ..... the name could be modified.