5 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Well, things are finally happening! While we were in Crete last week we heard that the house had been sold and our buyers are able to move quickly. Of course nothing is 100% until contracts have been exchanged, but hopefully we'll be out of our house in a couple of months with a large wad of money sitting in our bank account to pay for the build of our house in Neo Chorio. Of course, it won't be finished for several months but our plan is to move out in the New Year, probably February and rent until the house is finished - far better to be there while it's being built. My head is spinning at the moment with everything that needs to be done - pet passports for our cats, find a place to rent in London while we're getting the last bits sorted, clear the house of 12 years of stuff, but I'm sure we'll get there.

So, anybody staying in the Kalyves area anytime next year will be welcome to visit us - hopefully Laid Back Lil we'll finally be able to meet up!

Pam & Bob

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Fantastic news, you must be so excited (understatement :o ) I think it is a good idea to be out there whilst the building is going on but....

Remember, one of the things you like about Cretans is their laid back attitude - this also applies to builders, workmen, delivery drivers etc

I remind Alan of this each time he believes the person that says "tomorrow" or "in the afternoon" and then gets stressed when that person fails to appear as agreed.

We look forward to reading about your adventures; meanwhile good luck with sorting out the UK end of things.
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

Right!
Firstly congratulations on the news. :)
Secondly, I hope to be out to Kalyves in March to help someone with some painting ready for the new season. :o
Thirdly, I might be looking for somewhere to stay!!!!! B)
Look forward to having a Mythos sometime, somewhere in Kalyves next year! :huh:
Great news!

Dave
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#4 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Great news Pam & Bob,
I returned from Crete yesterday, & I'm always sad when I have to come back to the UK & leave my house. I can't wait to make my move permanent, but I think it'll be another few years yet. I'm so, so envious!!!

Good luck with the move & house build.

Ros.

#5 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for your good wishes, all.

Dave, you'd be very welcome to stay with us if you're stuck, providing we've got ourselves settled by then and we'll certainly meet up for a drink or three while you're there.

Yvonne, promise we'll get to see you in Kritsa next year, providing we've got somebody to look after our cats as it would need to be an overnight - if I remember there's a small hotel there. One of the things I want to do in the spring when we've got ourselves settled is to start doing some walking again - I've been reading with envy about the walks you do, but my left leg hasn't been up to doing anything too strenuous for a while. Hopefully, if we start on some gentle walks I can build the strength back again and get more adventurous.

Anyway, will keep you posted on progress - will update my blog with more detail, when we get timescales sorted.

Pam & Bob

#6 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

HI Pam & Bob
We've just got back too. We had a brilliant few days, wall to wall sun and plenty of snorkelling which was great fun. I picked up what I thought was a dead star fish in my goggles only to find him moving, and then spent the next twenty minutes or so trying to persuade him to move onto a rock under the waves - much fun and probaby never to be enjoyed again. Good luck with the move - and yes, we look foward to that long awaited mythos! x