#1 jaitwin

jaitwin

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

^_^ Hi everyone,

omg amazed at this site cant believe i`ve never come across it before! well little bit about me and OH, we`ve been going to crete since 2000 and LOVE IT LOVE IT so much that we go back every year and refuse to go anywhere else! I even made OH take me on our honeymoon here, he dared to suggest the maldives but oh no crete for me! especially love kato gouves and hersonissos.

going again in 7 weeks taking our 2 nieces, we last took them 6 years ago so they are really looking forward to it. always looking to explore new areas so anyone who knows a great local restraunt thats not full of tourist ;-) would apprecaite hearing about it.

omg i am loving this site already.

Jai & Dave
Jaimie,Dave n Gucci love crete crete crete!!
7 weeks til we are back there

#2 muzzy

muzzy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

hello to you both on your travels visit georgiopoulis we have a place there so could be classed as bias but it has a beautiful beach very scenic fishing village and a good selection of tavernas can be very touristy in the summer but very relaxing there is also kournas lake near by a few minutes in a car excellent taverna and a relaxing time give it a go you wont be disapointed
let us know how you get on
muzzy
{simon and jackie} ^_^

#3 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

I can remember being excited at finding this site too - and I still visit it more than any other site - an addiction I am not seeking to cure ^_^
Kritsa Yvonne

#4 chubby

chubby

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hi Jaitwin
My wife and i stayed at Kato Gouves 3 years ago our hotel was The Aphroditi we had a great time and did quite a lot of traveling there, we went to hersonisos only round the corner from gouves we went to herkalion then a wonderful trip to Souda Bay cemetary and i can recommend the bus trip to "Unknown Crete" it's a trip up into the mountains stopping of at a pottery and then down the other side into south coast where we had a great time on a lovely beech in fact we spent the whole 2 weeks traveling round the island have loads of pics. and lovely memories
Have u any nice stories
Kind regards