Photo

Cheap Accommodation In Elounda For Summer Needed!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Liene

Liene

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi everyone!

I am desperately looking for cheap accommodation in Elounda!!!!
I would like to rent a room ( from a private person or maybe something like hostel type), as i will come for summer job and i need to find where to live starting from end of April!
If anyone could help me in finding contacts or links where to look for cheap accommodation in Elounda before i come there!

Thanks soooo much if anyone really could help with info!!!!!!!!!

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hello,

Three words you don't usually see in one sentence are "cheap accommodation Elounda"!

There are some Rent rooms in the main street but if you want to live/work there you probably need something less commercial.

The tourist information office may be able to help this is the address for the office in Agios Nikolaos is [email protected] - I know they also have info about Elounda

If you are arriving early season you can probably take a rent room for a couple of days and then ask around.

Good luck
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 Liene

Liene

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

Thank You so much for advise :angry:
Yes, i know Elounda is not the cheapest place on Crete and i asume that i will have to find some other place if i want it to be cheap...just want to try Elounda anyway!

Maybe someone knows which is the best place to find a room to rent near Elounda?

Thanks again!!!! :(

#4 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi Liene,

The usual way of finding "cheap" accommodation in Crete is to arrive in the area first & rent a room for a couple of nights. What you are actually looking for is a long term (nomally a 3, 6 or 12 month) rental. These often start, for a small studio, from €300-€350 a month. These properties are not normally advertised & you will find them by asking around in the local shops, tavernas & bars. The earlier you look the better choice you'll have. It's also quite common for a group of foreign workers to rent, for the season, a large apartment & share the cost between them. You may find a vacancy in one of these, but again you'll have to ask around.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Ros.

#5 Liene

Liene

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Thank you Ros :angry:

Well, as i understand this is actually the only thing what i can do to get myself accommodation over there- to come there for few days with booked accommodation and look for long-term choices on the spot...

I wish myself luck as well :(

And if still anyone has any advise i will be very greatful to hear it :(