• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

I have just been informed that "Labyrinth"the Musical Workshop in Houdetsi, 20 km south of Heraklion will close due to financial problems.
This is the announcement issued by Ross Daly, a great artist and the founder of Labyrinth:

Dear Friends, We regret to inform you that, due to the absence of even the slightest interest and support from the local and national government agencies and services concerned with cultural activities, the Musical Workshop Labyrinth has no choice but to close and cease all activities except for the 5 already announced seminars.

For those of you who may not be aware of the exact nature of our work, our main focus is on the organization of seminars and master-classes centered on the subject of modal musical traditions involving some of the world’s most illustrious teachers and approximately 350-400 students every year from over 35 different nationalities. All of these seminars work below cost given that we the organizers are in no way interested in financial profit. Our only interest is in providing a valuable service to our students and indeed to music itself. The vast majority of our students have limited financial means and are not able to offer more than the modest sum which we are obliged to ask of them (250 euros for 6 days of tutelage with accommodation included).

Read more at the website of Labyrinth Musical Workshop

Articles related to Labyrinth on www.cretegazette.com:

Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yannis What a pitty this is happening to Labyrinth!! perhaps Labyrinth should have organised Michael Jackson who recently sold 900,000 tickets in London or perhaps Madona or Britney Spears!!! One of these freaks would ensure its existence for the next 2000 years without need of support from the local and national government agencies.

#3 stephen

stephen

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

hi
this thread interests me, i am a trained actor and have plans to open an acting school up in crete later this year
I would be interested in talking with the people who run this school as we may be able to link the two together in one place
Anyone with any information on the building and accommodation please contact me so we can discuss wheather we could form one business from the two
all i would need is a green room and recording studio for voice overs
may be there could be round for a filming workshop
could bring trade to the local community using bed and breakfast to accommodate clients

dont leave it too late that the bulding is taken

please get in touch
thank you steve

#4 SallynChas

SallynChas

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

Check out this link to the Labyrinth Musical Workshop

Check www.labyrinthmusic.gr for more information
tel/fax: 0030 2810 741 027 0030 2810 741 027
[email protected]

#5 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Fortunately the city of Heraklion promised to help financially the Music Workshop Labyrith (Lavirinthos, so it didn't close after all.

Read more here: http://www.labyrinth...nea/anouncement
Yannis Samatas
webmaster