8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

Just to let you know that Yannis has been busy again sorting out a problem concerned with the Gallery and it is now possible to upload all your holiday pictures of the last few months. If you find that it throws you out, try loading the photos a few at a time. It seems that it is all to do with the size of the picture or something technical like that!

So 'Thanks Yannis' and I'm looking forward to seeing new pictures of Crete from other members.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#2 pat & pete

pat & pete

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

Hi Dave, I have tried repeatedly to upload my photo's, I'm obviously doing something wrong, I now have 2 albums with nothing in them, I havr read instructions but to no avail. Woud be grateful for any tips. Chees Pat

#3 pat & pete

pat & pete

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:42 PM

Tried to downsize photo,s as they were too big for the gallery, but I dont seem to be able to do it on my programme,so I will try & get someone to help me do it, It will be a shame as I've got quite a few, & a couple of Dinny when we met up for our Crete dinner in Matala.
I bet it's much nicer living in Wales than Eltham, things have changed considerably, not for the better I'm sorry to say. Pat

#4 David and Glenda

David and Glenda

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

Pat,
try using this free program for resizing your photos.
Easy to use - 1 photo at a time or a complete folders worth.

http://bluefive.pair.../pixresizer.htm

Regards
David who will definitley be in residence at their Skopi hme infirst two weeks of October
Regards
David
Skopi used to be a nice place til we arrived

#5 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Not the most technical of folk I have tried to open a new gallery and found it not very friendly. Once I had pressed the 'upload' button it would either wait for a few minutes and then send me to the Explorer window with a message that the connection wasn't available or tell me that I wasn't allowed to use that facility. I did eventually manage to load some pics.
As I said previously Yannis suggested that the problem with the first hitch was probably the size of the files meant that I was being 'timed out' and hence his suggestion that they should be re-sized. Not being technically minded I took the cowards way out and downloaded/uploaded the pictures in ones & twos.
The second, I have no idea about but aftyer a couple of attempts at loging in, it suddenly recognised me and let me load a couple of pictures at a time.
I hope this helps with other tips/hints you have had, if not send Yannis a message and I'm sure he will get back to you with several suggestions about how to overcome the problem.
Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your photos.

#6 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

I use PIXRESIZER it is a free download will post some photos when i get back to see if the gallery works.

#7 pat & pete

pat & pete

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

:D Hi BINGO, I've managed to upload a picture, well my other half has. Over the next few days I will add the rest of the holiday pics!
Thanks to all members that helped with there advice.

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

Well done, Pat & Pete - I spent a pleasurable few minutes browsing through today whilst skiving from work and will have a better look when time allows - some lovely photos there.

DaveW - also loved your pictures, particularly the cat ones - they looked so content!

Thanks Yannis for getting this sorted - it's a real boon to have some new photos to look at. I will shortly have a go myself.

Pam

#9 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Pat & Pete,
Glad you managed to load your photos, I enjoyed them and it was worth the wait. :D

Pam,
The female cat (Ena) who we have come to love over the years brought us a present one evening, that she left for us by the door. Yes, you've guessed, a rat. I thought that carrying her kittens into the apartment for us to see last year was acceptance, but this pressie was true love.
As one of our friends commented...no stifado the following night rather rat...a..toue!!!!! :D

Dave