11 replies to this topic

#1 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

does this face ring a bell he had a house, villa near georgioupoli? near a lake, year a bout 2004 he is at the end on right with red face and tash. lady with black hair worked in the bar name esmay rosebay app near sfakaki

Attached Files

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

Bondage,

You need not start a new topic for every picture you want to show us. If you want to you can start a blog and even your own photo gallery on this site. And btw, could it be possible to write with punctuations and start new lines with a capital? I have difficulties with reading your postings. B)

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

thanks wim are you real, who are you. plus to up load photos to the gallery is not working, it is no wonder not many new members post, its like being back at school, and thats the last time im going to rise to the bait Sir

#4 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

Sorry Bondo but Wim is definitely real. No chance of deleting him!! B)

I know it's not nice to mention grammar but bear in mind that English is not everyone's first language here and you'd be surprised how punctuation, or lack of it, can make a sentence really difficult to understand. I'd hate for your meaning or message to get ignored because it's difficult to follow.

What's the problem with the photo thing? Does it have an error message? Anyone know if Yannis has disabled it, maybe after we got hacked?

Edit: no, Bondo is right. When you create an album, it brings you right back to the board index.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#5 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

I can only type with one finger it would take a long time to post, so if i make a mistake with capitals comers dots etc you will have to excuse me,

#6 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

B)

as long as you type! It is good to have you here.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#7 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

There was a problem a while ago with running a slide show in the Gallery but I don't know if it extends to problems with uploading photos. I know that Yannis was contacting the 'provider'(?) regarding the slide show problem and I'm sure he would appreciate a PM advising him of any problem uploading photos.
I haven't tried this 'cos I haven't managed to get to Crete this year :(

Looking forward to seeing your pics bondoplois when the problem is resolved.

I know that Yannis is very busy and cannot always find the time to pick up 'glitches' so if anyone does come across a problem he would appreciate a PM advising him of what is wrong.

Oh and don't worry about Wim, I believe he is in education!!!!!! B)

Gust take youre thyme tiepin and cheque befour you poost, I due. :D
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#8 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

yeah uz edukashun tipes are a pain in the proverbial.

It is bizarre though how punctuation can change the meaning of a sentence. Greek didn't use any until about 2000 years ago. All the words ran together. I have no idea how they made sense of it.

[/English teacher off-topicness]

#9 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

Very good just had a laugh. B)

#10 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

M B)

Right Dave I am, (but not a language one my "thing" is architecture) and as you can see there are more of these types on the board. :( Actually I wanted to point out that this is not a site for British Natives only. There are "some" members on this board that are "foreign born" and try to read and write the board lingo as good as they can. So that's why Emma and I think that common English with punctuations helps them and her and me.

After all we are "trying to communicate aren't we :)

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#11 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

Now Wim lets let it drop i have had my legs slapped, your like a dog with a bone. by the way have you got any old toasters. B)

#12 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

So I can fry you both sides B)

:lol: