30 replies to this topic

#1 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

ive got a lot to read on the forums,you can always pick up bits of information about things to do places to visit, etc.this will be my 6th time in crete,the 2nd in koutouloufari in sept,3 times in the next village pisko------, cannot spell it, and just outside platanias,hope to meet up with some old friends in pisko. all were great hols, and get back on the raki

Attached Files

#2 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Hi, we live in Koutouloufari. Where are you staying?

Jim & Meg

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

He wants to read not to meet :)
The village is called Piskopiano and raki makes every holiday a miracle only trouble is it makes you forget the name of the place where you stayed.....can you still remember the name of the place where you took the picture? :D

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

staying at the dedalus app, last time at the marni,3 times at the elgoni in piskopiano. drank raki from the still in pisko,flew home that night i couldnt remember a thing

#5 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

forgot the picture can not remember but it is well known will have to look on google earth its called spili

#6 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

The Lions of Spili, not far from your stamping ground Wim. Beautiful refreshing cold mountain water and, dare I say it, on a hot day even more welcome than a drink of raki!

#7 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

can you believe I forgot to buy raki when I was in Crete? Was distracted by sensible things like finding a job :)
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#8 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Emma, seems more like you have a concussion. Are you sure your bed was earthquake resistant? :D

Right Tim, I loved the place, especially the drive towards it from Galini. I was merely checking out Bondo's recall :)

Oh btw Bondo, you need not start a new topic every time you write in the forum. There are a lot of existing ones where you can
include yours. It's got something to do with keeping the forum accessible and the choices for newbies less awkward. I think you'll understand what I mean. B)

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#9 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

I think next time I go to Crete, I will have to bite the bullet and hire a car. There's so much to see.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#10 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi, even as Wim thinks you don't want to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to let you know that we are right next door to Dedalus apartments so if you shout over the wall we'll hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hi jim and meg you should no what they are like, the last time we were there they looked nice from the out side and everybody seemed to be having agood time and do you know what travel comp they use. we booked on line reguards rod

#12 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hi, like you say from the outside they look ok we've not been inside any of the apartments.The lady who owns them, Christina is very nice and I don't think you'll have any problems there. As for the tour company I think they have a Dutch company and Thomsons, I'm not sure who else use them, but I can find out if you'd like.

#13 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

thanks cannt find them in any english company i think at one time they had first choice

#14 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hi I know Thomsons had them last year because I knew the Rep. I should see Christina tomorrow and I will ask her.

#15 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

thanks again it dosent really matter jim just being nosey,just one more thing if you see christina ask do they have a kettle in app,have to think of weight you no what airlines are like now they want as much out of you as they can get.

#16 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

Will do!! I'd be suprised if they do though!

#17 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

so will i thanks,but saying that had a few surprises kettle, toaster proper oven

#18 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hey Bondo and Peri,

You people might as well pm each other since you started a private conversation. You can also use the chat room on this board. :)

B)

#19 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

anybody can join in,app with kettles, i no there are not many but the ones that have them are a blessing. posting you could say that about a lot of the posting use the chat room.

#20 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

when I moved into my apartment here in Athens, my landlord very kindly provided a teapot.

No kettle, but there is a teapot!

B)