25 replies to this topic

#21 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Andy & Christine, maybe we'll meet up sometime! We're Malia bound (unless of course there is more than one Sissi and you're moving to the other end of the island)!!! :)

#22 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:12 AM

well, you can tell everyone must be busy with Christmas preparations as this place has been as quiet as a morgue!!!

:o

I had a visit to Manchester this afternoon to finish the last bit of gift buying. It was a very seasonal -1 C but there's no chance of snow.

Hope you all have a chance at 'Real Life' for the next few days. :)
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#23 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

A note to Emma: perhaps Rugby, be it League or Union, is not a particularly popular sport in Greece. But if you want to watch cricket played in the most civilised setting imaginable then go to Corfu - sit at the Liston, pay vastly over the odds for a cold beer or a coffe (expensive, but definitely worth it), and enjoy a match being played out iright in front of you.

#24 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

B) :D :D

I've been there. It's a wonderful place for people-watching.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#25 ellemm

ellemm

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

I haven't visited this forum since the beginning of November as I too have been busy with other things in my life. I have not posted much since joining in 2004 but have learnt a great deal about Crete, and rather like the more international mix of folk here too.

Now that the hustle and bustle of Christmas and New Year are past and it's time to start looking for flights to Crete, I am sure I will be popping back here regularly again to hear what's new.

Happy New Year to everyone.

#26 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

Welcome back ellemm, I'm sure that you'll enjoy contributing once more and that we will enjoy reading your contributions.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!