39 replies to this topic

#21 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Thanks everyone! Wim - link was brilliant and really made me smile, even though I'm suffering a bit this morning! B)

#22 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

And a happy birthday for Bondopollis..

Have one on me.

^_^
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#23 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Wim I had more than a couple,feeling a bit rough today. Last year had my birthday in Parga, felt rough then but that was due to the Ouzo

Attached Files

#24 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

Many happy returns Hana and Santo!

I think this bottle will do fine for the both of you B)

Δημοσιευμένη  εικόνα

στην υγειά σας

:mellow:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#25 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

Congratulations - to both of you. If wish Wim would spend a new thread on every birthday, I dont really like to make economy out of birthday wishes! ;-)

#26 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Happy Birthday Yvonne - hope you are having a good one. Are you still in Crete?

Sorry we didn't get to see you when we were over a couple of weeks ago, hopefully next time.

Pam & Bob

#27 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Belated happy birthday, Yvonne (Wim, for Gods sake, let us have a new thread whenever it's somebody's birthday!). Better late than never. Hope you enjoy life and the smooth wonderful weather we are having these days... that is, if you are still in Kriti! :)

#28 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

Dinny, you're a moderator so why don't you just start a new thread...

#29 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

I agree. We seem to be missing a lot of birthdays due to the length of the original thread.
A new thread for every birthday....after all a birthday is a special event to each and everyone of us.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#30 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

Ishall, you don't have to be a moderator to start a new thread! Anyone can do that! :)

#31 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

Dinny, why are you asking Wim if you can start a new thread? Why not just go and do it... :)

#32 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

Ishall, I am not asking Wim if I can start a new thread... rarely I would be the one noting that it is somebody's birthday, I am not on that much, I would like NOT to continue the one thread Happy Birthday because I like to see in the title what - and whom - the thread refers to. That´s all! ;-)

#33 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Just love the turmoil I've created. B)

It seems that Shell 18 has her birthday to day. Wonder when she opens her scallop and reveals herself B)

B)

BTW, you perspicaciously bunch, if you click on - IN - instead of BY when in the Forum platform you come to the last sent contribution...and when you click last post by when in the General one the same happens. I've learned to look at the bright site of tactility and guess what? Now you people got a review of all members that count within one topic ;)

:P

H'm, well at least it aint dull...

B)

#34 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

To day DaveW and nickynoo celebrate their birthday.

Many happy returns.

#35 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

All the best Dave - have a good one, and dream about your next holiday in Crete

#36 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

It's busy on the birthday market.

To day it's Nicka's from Canada. Many happy returns and hope you'll read this.

;)

#37 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Nobody reads this! :angry:

I'm sorry I missed Dave's birthday by a week - it wouldn't have happened of course had there been a specific post. Sometimes I just have a few moments to check the ExploreCrete, so I don't go digging into every single topic, especially if they are 'generic' like this one.

Dinny

#38 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the birthday wished Dinny.
I must admit that of all the friends on the site I did miss your greetings especially. :( (Excuse me..I have to go and get a tissue to wipe a small tear from my eye)... as I get older my circle of those sending birthday greetings is geting smaller and smaller (sob...sob) :( :(
But never mind...I can still look forward to my nexy visit to Crete and to visiting you. :D B)

Lots of love to you and ther dogs and the cats! :angry:
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#39 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Dinny. :(

You need not dig into whatever topic. Any existing topic that has been reactivated by a new posting is automatically arranged to the first position.

You probably missed this one because you were too busy and than the topic is lowered by the next new topic. I understood the message though, loud and clear signal strength 5, both from Dave and you.

Since you are "a" moderator you can easily erase this whole topic of mine about birthdays etc. and have everybody concerned satisfied. Only thing is that in that case you'll never have a topic about member birthdays that you can review.

I don't mind. The coherence of this forum's topics has vanished a long time ago since everybody starts a new one without checking if theirs would fit an existing one. A forum is meant to inform not only members but first of all visitors, and if they have to dig through a pile of junk to find the answer they look for they start a new one etc etc etc.

A forum is not a chat room, in my humble :angry: opinion.

:(

#40 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

Oh, but I would like this forum SO MUCH to be a "chat room" as you call it. I like to keep in touch with people I've known through this forum for years, I like to greet new members and reply over and over to the same questions. I don't mind it AT ALL if the topics have been up a few times previously! After all, this is not the parliament... this is just a place for people loving Crete - and actually we never get bored talking about the same wonderful places, the same Cretan topics, the same birthday wishes every year for each and everyone of us.

So, me and Dave voted that we like each person's birthday to be a specific topic - that is, if anybody remember to start it - and you, Wim, voted for continuing this generic topic to say happy birthday. I therefore state (bang! the hammer) that as a democratic resolution from now on every single birthday is entitled to its own thread.

Now, whomever has got the time to check the members' birthdays everyday please feel free to start a new topic if you want to send birthday wishes!

Wow, I feel like back in '68 when we told the dean that his rules were outdated! :angry: