3 replies to this topic

#1 lucky

lucky

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

may i intoduce to you azogires a magical village in the mountains over paleochora hania crete 73001 this place is the vilage that the 99 holy fathers selected to die in this is the place where old turkish fighters came from and for some reason always spiritual and important people choose to visit it it has the holy fathers caves the place where the 99 holy fathers died in . the carved caves aprox . 3 to 4000 years old carved in the mountain side . the old venetian style bridge . the holy fathers spring . the foreever green plane tree which forms crosses with his branches .the old school. the old and famous turkish setlement. the koukoutsakis sheperds caves. the church and the cave of the miracules st.jonh the hermit. the church of st.theodore with mosaics. the church of st.george. the church of st. jonh the russian. the church of st.jonh the baptist. the museum and monastery of the holy fathers with a smaller cave of the holy fathers . the grave of the head priest archimandritis and much much more the village has two cafes one of which i happen to own thats the alfa cafe we serve the sofias world famous omellete with 3 eggs tomatoes potatoes onion garlic and feta cheese there is also the alfa hotel with 8 rooms group room and kitchen and panoramic view 00302823041388. and lots of interesting tourists to meet here old hippies modern ones and lots of other civilized and not people also when you come to the village i will give you a free map so you know where to go and a free torch to visit the cave there is a bus coming nearly every day and the local taxi co. also can bring you to azogires this is truly a magical place very spiritual and relaxing i you are looking for your self you will find him here for any information you can contact me at 00302823041620

i forgot to mention that in azogires we host the holy fathers festival on 6 october ana st.jonh the hermit on 7 october we host backgammon championships bicycle contests and alot more we also selebrate a wonderfull easter at the anastasi at the night of the rising of christ the night sky lights up with fire works and the hall village comes together to celebrate these events you are also welcomed

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

Hello Lucky,

Interesting article you wrote. It would have been even more interesting if you'd have used some more inter phrases and capitals. Also linking to telephone numbers seem to make this article more like message than a story about a nice place near Paleochora.

You could have done a thing like this e.g. to explain the beauty of it all

:rolleyes:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

I liked the first postings by Lucky talking about the area of Paleochora and the village of Azogires. However, I think his main purpose is to promote his business which include his cafe -restaurant plus real estate business (reference in a previous message).
As everybody knows, the purpose of this forum is informational, not promotional, so I will kindly ask Lucky to avoid more promotional messages in the future.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 lucky

lucky

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

Hi guys just wanted to report that if you are in the area in October you can take part in the Festival of the 99 holy Fathers. its on the 06 of the Month in the night and then Church service on the morning of the 07 and 08. hope to see you there