7 replies to this topic

#1 jools

jools

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

My boyfriend and I are coming to Crete in September to get married at Hersonissos Town Hall and I would like to try and have my nails and make up done for the cereomony but have been unable to find anything on the internet other than hotels with beauty salons.

Does anyone know if you can use the hotel salon's without staying there or if there are any beauticians in Hersonissos?

Also, are there any local bakeries we could contact about wedding cakes?

Thanks

Jools
:)

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi Jools,
don't worry about beauty salons and bakeries. You will find both of them in Hersonissos because Greek people get married too and they need them all the time.
A good idea is to contact the hotel where you will stay and ask them to help you find what you will need. I am sure they will be happy to help. If they are not, then book another hotel.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

Jools,
Way back in the dim and distant past someone else was getting married in H and they asked the same question as you. If you type 'hairdresser' into the search box it should take you to a posting by Una in July 2006. she was also looking for a beautician/hairdresser as she wasn't happy with the one recommended by the hotel/organiser. If you don't find anything to help on the postings there perhaps you could send her a PM?
Best of luck with the planning and enjoy the day.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#4 kelly

kelly

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hi Jools

Congrats!! I'm sure it'll be wonderful to get married in Crete. My fiance and I are also planning to marry there next year so i was wondering if u could tell me on how u organised to get married in the town hall and also why u decided on there? We are literally just starting to plan so dont know very much yet!!!! Any ifo/help you could give us would be most appreciated.

All the best for your big day

Kind regards

Kelly and Dave

#5 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

congratulations - how exciting - I'm sure you'll find someone to beautify you for the day and think of how much fun you'll have trying all those you find out before the big event - you could be pampered for days and days.

#6 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

Jools and Ed got married at Hersonnissos City Hall last Wednesday. From what I hear things went very well, and it was a very happy day.

Congratulations Julie and Ed. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

Lots of love
Caroline xx

#7 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

May you both have a long and happy life together! x

#8 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

Congratulations. :o Were you, by any chance, staying at Marni Village?

Jim & Meg