90 replies to this topic

#61 Sarahb

Sarahb

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

Will be arriving in Georgioupolis for our 4th visit on 7th August staying for 2 weeks at the Glaros apts. Can't wait 5 weeks and counting... :D

Sarah

#62 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Am returning to Crete for 2 weeks in late September. This time staying near Tavronitis and exploring the West of the island and Chania - hoping to explore all the parts I missed when I last stayed near Rethymon. Going back to see Elafonissi again and travelling up into the mountains.

If there are any hidden gems I must not miss on this side of the island - do let me know. I live to explore!

Roll on September...
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#63 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:39 PM

Hi Tinks,long time no chat!Good tip for Elaphonisi,Get aroom for the night at the village of Kefali about 2 mile from the beach.Look for theRent-rooms place on the right with lots of bouganvillia,the owner is George Pelakas I think was the name.We had a brilliant night there,choice of rooms,good meal,GREAT wine and unbelievably inexpensive!
Have a great time.We will be out in late September too,Steve.B

#64 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:20 AM

Back to smell, taste, see and hear late September early October for pleasure and a little bit of business.. (Want to expand the Dutch enclave a little :) )

Wim, need your artistic expertise when finding a place of convenience.. Can I ? :D
"?? ???????? ??? ?????? ????? ????"

#65 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

Count me in Papous :)

What area are you heading for?

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#66 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

Much obliged Wim :)

Heading for the south Wim. E.g. Vrisses, Lefkogia, Spili, Lambini, Agii Deka etc. etc. Lots to explore as you can see, that's why I'm looking forward to this years trip to the island, more as usual. :)

Dré

#67 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Great area Papous, know it very well.
Once there you shouldn't forget to turn right after Timbaki (don't forget to buy some Cretan boots there) into the direction of Agia Triada, (the excavation) Kalamata, Matala and the area called the Red Beach just a bit south of Matala before it is cultivated.

:)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#68 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

Will have a look there for sure Wim. Thanks for the tip.

For sure genuine/authentic Cretan boots can be bought at Timbaki? (or elsewhere for that matter) For someone (a Dutch acquainted) told me a long time ago that "real" Cretan boots couldn't be bought by foreigners. Can't recall the exact why, but it had to do with folklore and tradition. This proofs him wrong I guess... :blush:

#69 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

O.K. Papous I'll answer you in another topic. A new one called "These Cretan Boots Are Made For Walking"
B) Yeah right, wrong topic for this thread.

:blush:

#70 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

Looking forward for that one Wim.... :blush:

#71 GeorgieG

GeorgieG

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

We will be staying at The Blue Aegean in Gouves 11-18 Sept any one going to be about? 1st visit to Crete.

#72 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

enjoy
Ian

#73 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

:) Back for my 10th (I think! Who's counting??) visit on 7 September - 6 nights in Loutro at "To Limani" (well Cafe Loutro actually, bigger terraces), then...who knows - we will have a week left and Lendas is calling us, but we're just as likely to end up in Argiroupolis or Myrtos - but I'd like to see somewhere new.

#74 bobo

bobo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

I will be staying in the same place (To Limani) as you Elenitsa. I however am arriving on the 18th, which be after you have left, and just staying for the 2 nights before heading to Galini for 10 more days of. In Galini I will be staying in The Agiro for the 3rd or 4th time. Roula and Litsa make you feel at home and I would recommend their place for friendliness, location, cost and the rooms are smart and clean.
I am really looking forward to Loutro and the Gorge as this will be my first visit there.
"no man goes further than he who knows not where he is going"

#75 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Not long to wait until I depart for Crete again now... Am getting rather excited, like a little kid before Christmas.

Am heading out to Tavronitis (first time flying into Chania airport) on 18th Sept for 2 weeks of wonderful exploring. Very much looking forward to visiting Gramvoussa and the Agia Sofia Cave. Hoping to get many photographs both over land and under water.

I also get to celebrate my birthday while I'm out there. Bonus!

#76 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

Enjoy your trip and do not miss the bad weather we are having in uk.

Happy Birthday while you are away.
Ian

#77 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

#78 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Have a good one Tinks (as if you would'nt) :rolleyes:
:) :)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#79 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi, all and Tinks. We're flying out on 19th September and will be in Kalyves from 23/09 to 28/09. Tinks, if you're thinking of coming our way, let us know and we can meet up for a drink. Anybody else be there at that time?

Pam & Bob

#80 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hi Pam, thanks for that. Hope you and Bob have a wonderful time! I'll let you know our "plan of action" when we have it all sorted (we're usually fairly well planned out).

Would be nice to know if there are going to be any other of our Crete Explorers over at the same time! :rolleyes: