3 replies to this topic

#1 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

I think I have mentioned this tribute site for Michael J. Bird before, but it won't hurt to be remembered.

The music, written for the series "Who pays the ferryman" by Yannis Markopoulos, has become world famous and was even used in the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games.

This Cretan born composer has put the soul of the island and the inhabitants in it.

Famous BBC sequences by Michael J. Bird

:)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

Good news for all the fans of Michael J. Bird and the ones that will become one.

The famous BBC series "The Lotus Eaters" entirely shot in Agia Nikolaos is now available at Amazon.com
Orders yours and get involved or read all about it by clicking the BBC Creations button at the left and get yours afterwards.

<_<
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 Kritikaros

Kritikaros

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

[font=Arial]

Hi Im new here, ive been playing cretan lyra now for about a year. I know basics but im very interested in learning more. Does anyone know a webiste or where I can buy material that shows notes of cretan music.
John

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

For those, interested in the works of Michael J Bird, here's some news about the release of "The Lotus Eaters" parts 1 and 2.

http://www.mjbird.or...tuseaters.html

Click in the left bar at Video/DVD for the details

:D