12 replies to this topic

#1 proud grandad

proud grandad

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

going to chania in june 07 ,just wondering what the weather will be like.
also we have a son who is 14 who is autistic and can be a bit loud at times and very loving.(went to zante ln june this year and he was treated great)hope this is the case in chania,also my eldest son an girlfriend and our 2 grandchildren who at the time of going will be 18 months and 9 months, (yes you guest it due any time now) :unsure:, so any info on were and were not to go would be greatly recieved kind regards, martyn

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

Hi "grandad" and welcome to The best Cretan website!
The weather when you visit is almost certain to be great,most likely 26 to 30 degrees.
As for your son,dont worry,Cretan kindness and friendlyness,is unsurpassed in the whole of Greece!
Its one of the main reasons a lot of our members return year after year.
Enjoy your holiday,and if you have any questions,this is the place to come.
There is always someone here who can help.
Yassou,Steve.B

#3 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

Yassou "Grandad", as SteveB say's you will all be made not only welcome but part of the family when you get to Kriti, your problems will only arise when it's finally time to leave and you won't want to.
And any questions you need answering then all of us are here to assist in any way possible.

:unsure: ;)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#4 SuzyCreamcheese

SuzyCreamcheese

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yassou proud grandad !

To my taste June is one of the best months to go to Kriti temperature-wise. Warm and sunny but not too :unsure:, although I must admit that in the second half of June the thermometer can easily rise above 35 also.

As to your family. I've always experienced Cretans as being very respectful and they show a great love for kids.

Enjoy you holiday and let us know your experiences when returning home.
time isn't money, it's precious !

#5 proud grandad

proud grandad

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

sounds great just as kalamaki in zante was

#6 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

Hello Proud Grandad - I just wanted to echo the sentiments above really. I've been to Zante as well as Crete and if anything I find the Cretans more friendly. June is a beautiful month to go as the land is still very green.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and please come back to us again if you have any questions. You'll find everyone here well-informed and happy to help :unsure:

#7 proud grandad

proud grandad

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

cheers caroline if you can put it on a better par than zante it must be great cheers martyn

#8 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

Hello Proud Grandad.

We always go late May / early June and have found the weather to be excellent. Sometimes there is still snow on the top of the mountain but that makes the scenery even better than excellent.

Enjoy Crete you will love it
Ian

#9 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

Mani, will you be there for the members party in Matala 26th May ??? and if your there Proud Grandad then your appearance will be appreciated also.
:unsure: ;) ;)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#10 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:25 PM

Unfortunately not arriving in 2007 until 02June. For a change next year we are using BA schedule service on a Saturday and not a charter flight. When booked BA were selling at 67 each way which was cheaper than the charter carriers. I looked again recently and some of this flights were upto 300, so considered to have got a good deal.
Ian

#11 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

That's a bargain Mani, I've been quoted 175 from Manchester.
:unsure:
Santo

#12 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

I have been told recently that BA will start schedulled flights in the winter season 3 times a week from London to Chania. Does anyone know something more? Is this true?
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#13 John

John

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

Yannis,

I have just downloaded the BA timetable (valid until 9/10/2007) from the BA.COM website and there are no flights from London to Chania mentioned in this. The OneWorld alliance of which BA are a part still only shows direct flights between Helsinki and Chania, but this timetable was only valid until end of November 2006.

It may be that this is new and they have not yet updated the timetable. I hope that it is true though, as it would certainly make my visits easier!