25 replies to this topic

#21 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

Dinny as you travel a fair bit around the Island what's the chance of you becoming the sites official "Price Checker", you could add Raki and other drinks like Metaxa VSO, or furniture............ooooooopss i'm getting carried away with this delegating again eh. B) B) :unsure: :unsure:

Well, I can now confirm that a glass of ouzo costs 1,50 at a beachside taverna in Kalamaki. I didn't drink it, just peeped into the price list! Why should one drink ouzo when raki is offered for free? B)

Santo, I'm not falling for your tricks! heheheh I realize, though, that I am becoming more Greek everyday, when people delegate something to me I said "Oh yes, sure I will" and then I forget all about it. Just like my idraulikos, my electrician, my next door taverna chef. (The 'idraulikos' came to fix the kitchen sink more than a month after he first promised to come, the electrician was supposed to be here last Friday, haven't seen him yet, my next door taverna was going to make a special "rabbit party" this Monday or Tuesday and they would be sure to call me to let me know which day.... still waiting). So please delegate all you like, Santo, I will not be so unpolite as to say no! B)

#22 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

Well, I can now confirm that a glass of ouzo costs 1,50 at a beachside taverna in Kalamaki. I didn't drink it, just peeped into the price list! Why should one drink ouzo when raki is offered for free? :unsure:

Santo, I'm not falling for your tricks! heheheh I realize, though, that I am becoming more Greek everyday, when people delegate something to me I said "Oh yes, sure I will" and then I forget all about it. Just like my idraulikos, my electrician, my next door taverna chef. (The 'idraulikos' came to fix the kitchen sink more than a month after he first promised to come, the electrician was supposed to be here last Friday, haven't seen him yet, my next door taverna was going to make a special "rabbit party" this Monday or Tuesday and they would be sure to call me to let me know which day.... still waiting). So please delegate all you like, Santo, I will not be so unpolite as to say no! :unsure:

Just thought you'd like to be involved, and it gives you a reason to travel round having Raki but checking on prices !!! you've heard the saying idle hands and idle minds eh ???? B) :D ;)

as for your next door taverna "Rabbit Party" i am intrigued. B) B) B)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#23 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:47 PM

ehehheh, Santo! One should really take care of ONES words, huh? Well, anyway... the rabbit party has not taken place yet, or maybe they forgot to invite this bunny! B)

Oh, almost forgot: A glass of ouzo in Agios Nikolaus with view to the lake is 3 Euro ! They really know how to squeeze the lemon, if you'll pardon my French... B)

#24 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

B) B) B)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#25 Julie

Julie

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

As I've just returned from Loutro I might as well belatedly report that the 200ml bottle of Issidoros Arvanitis ouzo pictured above costs 2.40 in the minimarket there (and probably the same in Sfakia) though the price if bought in a restaurant would probably be a bit higher. In Athens it was even cheaper - 2.10, as I recall. A litre bottle of the same brand in the Eleftherios Venizelos airport shop was 7.90.

#26 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

Wonder what happened with all the people in this topic :lol:

Probably recovering from a serious hangover :lol:
I remember a German boy when I lived in Agia Galini, who drank so many ouzo's that one day he painted his legs white to have them look like a tree. :)
No not kidding. Really happend! Ouzo seems to contain a nasty chemical that causes madness, that is if you drink it too much and too daily :)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."