Crete rent a car

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tomas_*

Guest_Tomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I would like to rent a car on Crete. I have come across company called elite rent a car on this site. Was anybody dealing with them and has a good, bad experience? Maybe any sugestions which car rental company should I go for?

Thank you

Regards

Tomas

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:05 AM

Hi Guys,

That works so well for me, thanks.

#3 Chris + Alex

Chris + Alex

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:46 AM

Hi Tomas,

We rented from Europcar at Heraklion Airport.

On the first day and a bit groggy after an overnight flight we found a hole in the road on the way over to Chora Sfakion and bent the front wheel pretty bad. We ran the rest of the two weeks on the spare and on returning the car we came clean and told them what we'd done. They had the garage check it out and there was no charge to us !!!.

We would certainly rent from Europcar again.

Chris and Alex
ooooooo

#4 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:48 AM

Glad you got away with it A&C! Lucky you didn't have any subsequent problems though with no serviceable spare wheel.
On one of my many trips, a friend was driving and hit a hole causing a deflation. We went to a garage very close by for help and the lady there referred us to next door - a tyre place that I had failed to spot! The guy there removed the wheel, beat it back into shape, and refitted the tyre. I was expecting a hefty bill- but he would not take a single drachma for it- despite numerous attempts to persuade him otherwise.
Most (all) car hirers will give you a number that you can telephone if you do have a problem, but often it is the case that locals will help you out.