6 replies to this topic

#1 AcornMan

AcornMan

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:25 AM

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Crete last week and loved it. You can read details about our trip and get my own tips on places to go, things to do, restaurants, hotels, etc here:
http://members.virtu.../m/71f79/670c3/

#2 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

It looks as though you have joined our not particularly exclusive band of Crete-lovers, Acornman: I'm really glad you enjoyed your trip.

And it looks as though you kind of enjoyed our beloved Paleochora too ... something I am not really surprised at, of course :D

Henry.

#3 Sheila

Sheila

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

That's a really good report. I'm so glad you liked it.
Sheila

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

Yes, the report is very detailed and it looks like Accornman has plans for adding more detals in the future.
Wouldn't it be better though if this report was on ExploreCrete? :D After all this is THE site about Crete...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#5 AcornMan

AcornMan

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:10 AM

Is there a place on this web site for me to post a report like that? If so I'd be glad to do it, but I didn't realize there was a place for it.

#6 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:10 PM

AcornMan,
first there is the REVIEWS section with reviews submitted by visitors about hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes and other businesses in Crete. I think your reviews fit there: www.explorecrete.com/reviews/reviews.html
Second, there is the personal pages where you could have your tips about Crete. The Personal Pages section is very flexible and you do not need to follow the format of the existing form there: www.explorecrete.com/mycrete/mycrete.html
Finally, there is our special offer for a free travel site: www.explorecrete.com/services/free-services.htm

With all these options available, I am sure we can find a way to have your trip report on ExploreCrete.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#7 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

It's a good report and very interesting, you should post it on explorecrete

i notice you found some of our favourite places elos for example, (we always stop there after a day in the dunes at elefonissi) what a shame you don't like fish, the caravella serves some of the best fish in crete (IMHO) and we've ate many times at the siroko in plakias, watching the sun go down, i notice you even stayed the artemis in francokastelli, we stayed one night there a few years ago, nice place and nice people