Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

here's the forecast:

http://weather.yahoo...GRXX0030_f.html

#2 Guest_Gloomy_*

Guest_Gloomy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

Serious Problems in Crete and Thessaloniki Weather Change

Sleet has caused extensive damages to crops and fields in Herakleion, Crete, and especially in the municipalities of Nikos Kazantzakis and Asterousia. Serious problems have also been reported in the city of Herakleion and in Thessaloniki, where dozens of basements, houses and shops flooded. In Efkarpia, people almost lost their lives when their car was washed away by the rushing waters of a torrent. The weather in Athens is fickle as well, with torrential rainfalls that caused extensive problems to traffic flow at the heart of the capital. The weather for today will be rainy with sporadic storms in the mainland and northern gales over central and northern Aegean.

http://www.hri.org/n...6.eraen.html#01

#3 Nady30

Nady30

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

Yikes! Am not going to panic or worry, have been waiting all year for this, am not letting the weather ruin it!!

#4 Guest_pope harri_*

Guest_pope harri_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

Yikes! Am not going to panic or worry, have been waiting all year for this, am not letting the weather ruin it!!

two storms have hit us on the south coast

very bad at 5.00am this morning and again about 2.00pm this afternoon

it looks a lot better now, cloudy in the mountains but clear out to see

it's not raining in this bar!!! :lol: :lol:

#5 Tall_Guy

Tall_Guy

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

What is "The Church" comming to :?:

This darn guy appoints himself pope replacing the newly elected pope and now we find him holed up in a bar..... :shock:

If this self appointed clown drinks up all the raki on the south coast of Crete I'm gonna see to him being de-throned, de-frocked and excommunicated :!:

Paul

ps...can you tell that I have just 2 hours left at work before we head to Crete? :mrgreen:
N 44 54.474
W 63 46.979

#6 AcornMan

AcornMan

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

All these weather reports are making me very nervous. I leave for Crete on Saturday morning and it looks like there are a lot of storms in the forecast. Hoping for the best...

#7 tamar

tamar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

Me too!....... Im off there on Tuesday. The annoying thing is the UK weather is very good! Just typical ay?!!!

#8 goingsoon

goingsoon

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

This thread really scared me too when I first read it. However I've checked weather.com, etc, and although there was some bad weather in the last while, the forecast for the next 10 days seems to be sunny with decent temperatures. Nothing bad.

I'm off next friday myself, and the weather around then seems to be pretty much what I hoped for.

Can anyone on the ground confirm these weather reports, or compare them against what local reports are saying.

Cheers ;)