9 replies to this topic

#1 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

Wow, doctors said I can go to Crete this end of month :-) I am not 100% perfect but they said enough to go Greece and stay if I want to.
Wish me good luck, I had enough of my share of bad one in the past :-)
I'll start seeing into flights next week.
Hey Crete, maybe I am arriving after all. I'll try to be a decent guy, and to respect you and not to behave like a vandal on holiday LOL :-) Won't be difficult, I have never been after all :-)

Ouzo or Uozo, wait for me, for I wonder how it tastes. Ladscapes, wait for me, maybe I'll be there if I have no more bad luck! Beaches, maybe I can go jogging on you! Sea, maybe I can dive into you! Sun, maybe you can sunburn me :-) Bars, maybe I can have drinks at ur tables! Mountains, maybe I can climb a bit of you! Villages and towns all, maybe I can visit a few of you!
Bad luck leave me in peace for a while LOL, for I have been Oked!

#2 Mieke

Mieke

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

Have a good time and lots of good luck at Crete!

#3 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

Mieke do you work in healthcare? your profile says so. Which field if I may ask?

#4 Mieke

Mieke

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

You may ask :lol:
My field is healthcare for (institutionalized) people with an intellectual disability.
Now that we're talking about that: I'm still looking for information about this field of care in Greece and especially Crete. I've asked around a bit, but more info is always welcome!

#5 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

May 26, thursday, booked!
So... sort of a countdown is started for me too lol

Now let's hope in 14 days I can manage find not too expensive a room. I'd hate to have to resort to one of those hotels where you pay for so many frills I don't truly need - you know pool, bars at the pool, pre-arranged breakfasts, somwwhat fancy dinner lounges etc.. etc... That's what an hotel makes you pay for basically lol

Accommodation appears the most critical element actually, for the flight was not in doubt and for the rest I will deal with it once in place.

It seems I am about to arrive right a dash before the season truly starts, it seems the weekend of may that is on 28 is the one when most folks will being pouring in Heraklion.

Send me positive wishies lol - this guy truly deserves a good accomodation and his days in Crete after what I went through in the last months here lol

And tomorrow is may 11 :-)
Going to plan an overhaul of my luggage that I prepared on beginning of march when I thought of going to Greece and I ended up on a surgery table instead argh!

#6 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

May 26, thursday, booked!
So... sort of a countdown is started for me too lol

Now let's hope in 14 days I can manage find not too expensive a room. I'd hate to have to resort to one of those hotels where you pay for so many frills I don't truly need - you know pool, bars at the pool, pre-arranged breakfasts, somwwhat fancy dinner lounges etc.. etc... That's what an hotel makes you pay for basically lol

Accommodation appears the most critical element actually, for the flight was not in doubt and for the rest I will deal with it once in place.

It seems I am about to arrive right a dash before the season truly starts, it seems the weekend of may that is on 28 is the one when most folks will being pouring in Heraklion.

Send me positive wishies lol - this guy truly deserves a good accomodation and his days in Crete after what I went through in the last months here lol

And tomorrow is may 11 :-)
Going to plan an overhaul of my luggage that I prepared on beginning of march when I thought of going to Greece and I ended up on a surgery table instead argh!

#7 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:53 PM

uh sorry for the duplicate!

#8 randy rabbit

randy rabbit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

good luck _alberto on your trip to crete :D

did you buy a return flight or are you going with an open scedule :?:

rr

#9 _Alberto

_Alberto

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

open, taking chances.

#10 Guest_Dinny_*

Guest_Dinny_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

Lucky you! ;-) I've just come back from 2 weeks in Crete and I can't wait till I can get back there. But next trip will be "for good" so I guess I can endure another 3 months in Italy (not to be mistaken, I love it here, it's so much better than Denmark, but then again... Crete is THE BEST!).

Have a nice stay, Alberto
E in bocca al lupo per la salute! ;-)