Archaeological sites od Eastern Crete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate bidi@op.pl_*

Guest_Kate bidi@op.pl_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

My name is Kate and I'm writing from Poland.I'm studying archaeology at Warsaw University and by this year I'm going to make Master's degree.I would be very grateful if you could send me some information, photos or links about the most important archaeological sites of eastern Crete such as Zakros,Palekastro,Magasa,Petsopha and some more:)I'm looking forward to hearing from you
Adijo!

#2 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:37 PM

Hi Kate,

I presume you have seen the article on this website about the Eastern Crete minoan sites? If not, you may find it useful - http://www.explorecr...oan-goddess.htm
Its written by my friend Cheryl - I suggest that you contact her on info@goddessalive.co.uk, Im sure she will be more than happy to share with you all she knows on the subject as this is an area of her passion :lol:

Are you Polish? I am Czech.. If you come to Crete perhaps we could meet you...I tend to be here fairly frequently :lol:

Best wishes with your degree course!

#3 Sheila

Sheila

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:07 AM

The archaeological museum in Sitia is a fine place to start. It has the absolutely stunningly beautiful Paleokastro boy.

Paleokastro and Zakros are both really interesting, and well worth visiting. I have piles of books and pamphelts on both, if there's anything specific you want to know
Sheila