greek language courses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:49 PM

Hi.
Does anyone know if it is possible to join greek language courses in Hania? Beginner level . What it cost and how long?

Thanks

#2 Angel

Angel

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

I just started a beginner's course that goes 10 weeks, meets 3 times a week and 2 hours a time. Cost 310 euros which isn't bad if you break it down to the per hour cost. The school is: Lexis http://www.lexis.edu.gr/

#3 chilla

chilla

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

Hi Angel.
I have just had a look at the site for the Greek Language course and it looks excellent.
So glad you are now in Hania and I wish you well with all that you are doing
All the best
Chilla

#4 Guest_Carolina_*

Guest_Carolina_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:04 AM

Hi Chilla

You may have seen this already; there is a FREE course run by the nomarxio Chania (4 levels from beginners to advanced) starting in March. Tel. 28210 30149 for details in February.

Carolina
www.geocities.com/livingincrete

#5 Guest_Carolina_*

Guest_Carolina_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:08 AM

Oops forgot to say how long -
there was a mention of a total of 175 (!!!) hours in a local article I read about it - so now I don't know if this the total for the 4 classes or each class. The current classes (which are full) are held in the evenings in Chania town.

#6 Angel

Angel

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for that! I will call later and find out the details and post them in a seperate message! :lol:

#7 Guest_carolina_*

Guest_carolina_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:51 AM

Hi Angel

I had a look around the Lexis centre a few years ago and was very impressed with them. I ended up taking private lessons with a friend which actually worked out cheaper, but there is a more social side to taking classes, and Lexis seem to put the emphasis on that too which is good for newcomers.

I may try my hand at the free advanced classes in March - even after 18 years, and speaking fluently, it's still a never-ending learning curve with vocab and grammer!!