#1 Carol

Carol

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yasoos, everyone!

I've been impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is on this site, so I thought I'd ask for advice.

My husband and I currently live in the NY area and are seriously interested in relocating in Greece, possibly Crete. I am a certified high school English and social studies teacher; he is retired teacher, coach, and sea captain.

We were considering taking the Via Lingua course for TEFL in Hania to facilitate our teaching position job search.

Any advice in general? My Greek is VERY limited (Kalimera, kalispera, kali nixchta, parakalo, efharisto, ana, vio, trie, etc. -- and, of course, food). But I do speak German as well as some French and Italian.

Thanks in advance for your advice and friendship!
Carol

#2 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

Hi Carol,
Sorry I can't help you with your question, really just wanted to say welcome to Yannis's site and I'm sure there are a few site members who can.
Good Luck
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#3 daveg

daveg

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:11 PM

Hi Carol
As American citizens I think you might find this site http://www.escapeartist.com/ has some useful Info for you Mostly written from an American viewpoint [visa's etc] and with an excellent e-magazine.
Best wishes
DaveG

http://www.cretansales.com/

#4 Carol

Carol

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

Thank you for your welcoming email, Santo. You live on Santorini --- what a glorious place! And Dave, appreciate the link to escapeartist. We are regular consumers of info there.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you!