7 replies to this topic

#1 Angel

Angel

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:28 PM

I have booked my train and flights! I leave here the 7th and arrive in Chania early the morning of the 9th of Jan 05! By then I will know if I have the job and if I don't I will be working as a volunteer for 6 months which includes room and board.

I have a friend that might let me stay at his place while he gone home for most of Jan but is also looking for me a place in town, I really don't want to commute if I don't have to (both job and volunteer positions are in Chania [within 2 minutes of each other] ).

Now to finish packing! not even going to really sort at this point, have done most of it so.... and then organise to have my stuff shipped (I might be sharing some shipping with someone else but still have to get my stuff to them!)... I am so excited!

Hey and you guys come to chat sometimes! I get so lonely talking to myself! (not that I will be there much soon but .... :) )

Gena

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

:D Good luck Angel,hope it goes well.Errr,---would you be supprised to know IM jealous!

#3 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:25 PM

Fantastic news Angel, i'm joining SteveB in being envious and i've no doubt we won't be the only ones. Good Luck for a happier future.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#4 Guest_dumig007_*

Guest_dumig007_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:51 AM

Hi there, Angel. I'm Gabi, from Romania. I'm new here so I don't know you guys at all.
I'm very happy for you. Living in Crete!!! Sounds really good!!! I'm thinking about doing the same in the near future. But, till then, I want to work there during the summer of 2005. The only problem is that I don't really know anything about working and living in Crete. So, I would really appreciate some infos. Thank you very much!

#5 Sheila

Sheila

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:36 PM

Well done, Gena

Can we extract a promise from you? Will you give us a step by step?

I HATE these reality TV shows (the one about the two gay guys who built the house somewhere above Souda and shafted their friends in hte downstairs flat was awful). But it would be really good to hear your sensible news and views.

And if there's anything we can do to help or encourage, you must let us know. Envy is a sin, otherwise......
Sheila

#6 Angel

Angel

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

I will do my best! :> Am planning on putting together a web page....

#7 Al(Kiwi)

Al(Kiwi)

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:34 AM

Hi Angel,
I'm jealous too, but hope to be there for a holiday sometime in April visiting my son and his family. Looks like Lynsey's hubby makes a great job of websites, also if you can't afford to pay try making one of your own free like I did.
http://www.geocities.com/alante89/
Anyway you will be too busy working and enjoying Crete. I wish you all the very best in your endeavour and have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :D

#8 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:09 AM

The message by Lynsey has been removed. The reason is that this forum is not the place for some free promotion of people's business.
If you need to promote products and services, then "Explore Crete" has a promotion program and you can easily join it.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster