15 replies to this topic

#1 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

Firsty I want to thank Tasso for telling us about The 11th Day. I have never been so moved by a web site. For anyone with an interest in the WW2 history of Crete this is a must see film. I think we should definately start a thread on this subject because I would like to know what you all think.

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:11 PM

I Caroline,would love to read a thread about the 11th day,but I must have missed out somewhere,and am not aware of it.Please enlighten me,as anything to do with Crete is of great interest to me.Also welcome,nice to know there is anther Crete-freak in the midlands!

#3 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:13 PM

Steve
The 11th Day is a film being produced in the US by people with Cretan family connections and it is about the period after the invasion and Battle of Crete, hence its title The 11th Day. There is a website, www.crete1941.com/home.htm relating to the film and more. The project is being run by Christos Epperson and he has access to an amazing amount of material in addition to that used in the film. The film is due out in the US anytime now. Not sure when it might be available here in Europe. I was in touch with Christos some months ago and was very excited about what he had to say. I've tried emailing recently about updates but haven't heard back.
If I do get to hear anymore I will of course post here,
Tim

#4 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hi SteveB, Tim's posting has pretty much summed up the current situation with the 11th Day. You will find everything you need to know if you visit the web site he has suggested. When I last looked at it screenings had been arranged all over the US, and parts of Europe etc. Sadly no details on a screening in the UK yet. City has yet to be arranged. I wonder if they will choose somewhere in the Midlands. I think maybe not :roll:

#5 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:09 PM

thanks for that Tim,great site,cant wait for the film release,looks like one for the dvd collection!Cheers,Steve.B

#6 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:23 PM

Sounds fascinating! If anybody hears of previews, here in the UK or in Greece, please do let everybody know about it. If at all possible, then a gathering for a preview in Crete could be the event of 2005.

Henry.

#7 Guest_Christos 1941_*

Guest_Christos 1941_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:26 PM

My name is Christos and I am the Director of the movie The 11th Day.
Thank you all very much for your support of my film. I am very excited to bring the film to your city and I know from all the letters and comments from around the world we are going to have a very good time. Thank you all again for your fantastic support and please keep spreading the word about the film and website. If anyone has questions about the movie or tour dates please email my assistant Agnus. agnus@archangelfilms.com

Thank you and I hope to see you all on the tour.
Christos....

LONG LIVE CRETE!

#8 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the update Christos

#9 Guest_Agnus Farrant_*

Guest_Agnus Farrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

Hello! My name is Agnus Farrant and I'm the production assistant for Archangel Films based in Sacramento, California, USA. We are the company directing the documentary on the battle of Crete called "The 11th Day". You can visit our website, www.the11thday.com , for a preview of our film and interview clips with U.S. Congressman Mike Bilirakis, George Tzizikas, and Chrissa Ninolockis. We will begin our film tour in early 2005 with over 25 stops in the U.S., and several world stops including Athens, Crete, England, Melbourne, Sydney, New South Wales, Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. If you have any questions, stories, or anything you'd like to share, please just write me at Agnus@archangelfilms.com. Thank you so much for your interest, time, and consideration. I hope we get to see you all on the film tour and please help us spread the word of our film! Please take care of you and yours.

With best wishes,
Agnus

#10 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:19 PM

HI Agnus,

It would be nice to know when you are filming/coming to Crete. I think a lot of the users of this board - including myself - might consider to be around at that time, if possible.

If you don't know yet, please post a message here for all of us. And maybe also a few postings about how things are going with the film.

Thank you in advance,
Birgit

#11 Guest_187_*

Guest_187_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:27 AM

I have only just around to looking, at the web site even though Tim did mention it some while ago, and have spent the last 20 minutes wiping the tears away as I listened to the music and watched the pictures of the sufferingof the Cretan people . Like everyone else I am looking forward to seeing the film in the UK, hopefully in Wales ! Does anyone know if the choral music accompanying the web site is available in any format or does any one recognise it and know if it is available in the UK?

#12 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:50 AM

Welcome 187 to our thread about the 11th Day. I dont know what the music is on the Website for 11th Day, but I will try and find out for you from Angus and Christos.

#13 Guest_DaveW_*

Guest_DaveW_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:40 AM

Thanks Caroline. I have nagged Agnus already about dates for the UK and am trying to persuade her to have some showings around the country. We are trying to find out what the piece of music is, but at the moment all I can find out is that it is sung(most beautifully)by the choir of the church which the director's/producer's mother goes to

#14 Guest_Agnus Farrant_*

Guest_Agnus Farrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:38 PM

Hello again! I'm so happy that you've all responded so positively and are just as excited as we are for this film and film tour!! We've been receiving more questions concerning our music on the website and if there's a soundtrack coming out. We're working on music for a soundtrack and also, in reference to the background music for the website, that is the choir of Christos' mother's church. He's extremely proud of his mother and that is the choir of the Sacramento Annunciation Church. They've done an amazing job and we're so grateful to them! If there's anything else I can help anyone with, please just write me at Agnus@archangelfilms.com. Thanks, you guys! And please keep up spreading the word! Take care!

With best wishes and kindest regards,
Agnus
www.the11thday.com

#15 Guest_Agnus Farrant_*

Guest_Agnus Farrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

Hey again! Sorry! I just wanted to address some comments on this forum that I completely forgot to when I just wrote up another post. DaveW, have we spoken? Aber? Am I right? If so, I'm glad to see you here!!!
BIRGIT: Hello there! Our film is coming along well, we have about 2 months left of shooting reenactments and we'll be done! We'll be going on our tour in early 2005 hitting the U.S. first, Europe, Greece, and Australia. World tour, woohoo! We're very excited! We should be in Crete in early-to-mid 2005 but the date hasn't been permanently set. If you write me at Agnus@archangelfilms.com, it would give me your e-mail address and act as a reminder so I would personally write to you and tell you when we've made our final decisions!
For everyone wondering about the dates, I'm afraid they haven't been permanently set. But PLEASE keep in touch with me and ask me so I can give you all the updates! Thank you so much, everyone, and take care!!

Sincerely yours,
Agnus
www.the11thday.com

#16 Guest_Agnus Farrant_*

Guest_Agnus Farrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hi again and to inform everyone we're still shooting. We have about two months left of it and we've added a couple more stops on our tour (I'm not sure if everyone knows) like Australia (NSW, Sydney, and Melbourne), England, Austin and Houston in Texas. I hope everyone's doing well and your holidays have left you happy and healthy. Please take care, everyone, and feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

With warmest wishes and kindest regards,
Agnus
www.the11thday.com

agnus@archangelfilms.com