Family resort for a first timer in Crete?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:29 PM

Victor: - £278 per person for a fortnight in late May sounds pretty good to me - you’d be lucky to get a plane ticket (plus some transfers) much if at all cheaper. If you per happenstance should end up somewhere that doesn’t appeal to you, then you have ample time to up roots to somewhere else. I’m not fanatical about not using package holidays, I just haven’t found any going where I want to go at the right kind of price since we went to Lesbos in 1992 (the local speciality: lobster with lesbian sauce. Nice).

The weather should be fine when you are planning on going, at least most of the time. The sea is usually absolutely great for swimming in, and the Mythos beer is coming to perfection around 7pm, sitting in (that is, outside) a suitable taverna and watch the sun set and the stars being lit. Full moon is on 23rd May, so it all sounds pretty honky-dory to me.

Henry.

PS Yannis: sorry about the links. I fully understand your predicament.

#22 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

Victor: - £278 per person for a fortnight in late May sounds pretty good to me - you’d be lucky to get a plane ticket (plus some transfers) much if at all cheaper. If you per happenstance should end up somewhere that doesn’t appeal to you, then you have ample time to up roots to somewhere else. I’m not fanatical about not using package holidays, I just haven’t found any going where I want to go at the right kind of price since we went to Lesbos in 1992 (the local speciality: lobster with lesbian sauce. Nice).

The weather should be fine when you are planning on going, at least most of the time. The sea is usually absolutely great for swimming in, and the Mythos beer is coming to perfection around 7pm, sitting in (that is, outside) a suitable taverna and watch the sun set and the stars being lit. Full moon is on 23rd May, so it all sounds pretty honky-dory to me.

Henry.

PS Yannis: sorry about the links. I fully understand your predicament.

Perhaps on this occation its better to go on a package then Henry.....I can always discuss the do's and donts of a potential DIY job over a few Glasses of wine.

Thanks for all your help...great site BTW Yannis.

Yammas!

Victor.