• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

After a few hiccoughs over the date I'm pleased to invite Explore Crete forum members to a party in Kritsa on 28th May 2015.

The event is to celebrate the launch of my novel, Kritsotopoula, Girl of Kritsa, based on the true story of a village lass called Rodanthe who fought against Ottoman oppression in 1823.

In many ways my writing journey started on this forum and the Explore Crete site certainly proved to be my favourite research tool, a fact that I've given sincere thanks for in the acknowledgements section.

If you use Facebook you can find full details via this link:

http://tinyurl.com/n9gajo9

In summary, the event is in the centre of the upper part of Kritsa high street outside of Nikitakis gift shop and Aristidis Cafe, from 5.30 p.m.

There will also be a book signing event at Eklektos Bookshop, Elounda on 9th June and we'll be having cake to celebrate the fact that it's Rodanthe's name day.

I'll be delighted if you can make either of these events. X
Kritsa Yvonne

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hi, Yvonne - having talked to Bob and confirmed our normal house-sitter can come, yes we would like to be there.  We'd be looking to stay overnight, preferably in Kritsa itself.  Do you know if the Argyro rent rooms have availability for that night? If not, we'd probably stay in Agios Nikolaus.  Looking forward to seeing you then.

Pam & Bob

#3 Mike and Jane

Mike and Jane

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

Unfortunately we made our arrangements for this year's visit to Crete months ago, and we do not arrive until 3rd of June, otherwise we would have loved to have such a good reason to re-visit Kritsa. We do hope the day goes well for you. We will be in Chania from the 3rd to 8th June, moving out to Ag. Apostoli until we fly home on 17th June. If anyone will be in the area, let us know, and maybe a meet up could be possible.

(I thought this forum had died until I noticed yesterday that it had suddenly revived, anyone knpw what happened?)

#4 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hi Pam and Bob, that sounds good. The link for Argyro is http://www.argyrorentrooms.gr/ I've crocked my foot and can't leave home at the moment so I've not been down to check on availability. It's only a sprain so I'm hoping a few days rest will set me right. Let me know if you do book so that we can say hi before the 'do'. x

Hi Mike and Jane, sorry to miss you. Do say Hi if you're ever back this way. My guess is that the forum got clogged with spam or hit by a virus, but I agree it's good to see the forum open again. x

Kritsa Yvonne

#5 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Thanks, Yvonne - sorry to hear about your ankle.  I've managed to sprain my right wrist - getting better now, but still not really able to chop veggies etc, so am off cooking except for basic meals. Will get in touch with the hotel later.  Looking forward to seeing you again.

Pam

#6 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

hi Yvonne

Well, we wont be going to Crete until 17th of June, so,would be able to attend your party. however, theres a FB site called

'A Good Greek Read' (AGGR) dedicaterd to  books with a greek theme. it is a new site with about 600 members. you may post details of your book  ie name, publisher, cost etc and get included in a PDF of all the greek books so far collected. The PDF is on its 11th or 12 th edition. you may already know about it or not, but it might be of interest.

best of luck on your day.

best regards

Kieran

#7 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Kiran, I was one of the early members of A GOOD Greek Read and agree it is an excellent group. I'm glad you mentioned it because if I'd not known of it then you gave me opportunity to explore it. Now perhaps other might.

A few days before the 28th May there's to be a virtual blog party so feel free to pop in, have a natter to guests and of course, slip the odd virtual raki! my blog can be found via www.kritsayvonne.com

BFN Yvonne x
Kritsa Yvonne

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

Hi, Yvonne, couldn't get in at the Kritsa hotel, but have booked an apartment for us and Ros at Bayview apartments just outside Agios Nikolaus.  Looking forward to seeing you at 5.30 ish tomorrow. Pam & Bob

#9 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Hi Pam, I've only just seen this message but it was good to see you at the 'do'. I sent some photos to you via Facebook.

Here is a link to a summary http://kritsayvonne....-kritsa-launch/

We're back in the UK now so I hope you enjoy a good summer. X
Kritsa Yvonne