• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Through one of my fellow S.O.E sources I today heard of a Goon show that was base on Ill Met by Moonlight.

Appropriately titled as above, for Goon fans, see http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b007jnxg and sooner rather than later as it is only available on this link for a further 6 days.

Apologies to non-Brits who may not understand the humour of the famous Goons

#2 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Thank you very much - what a find!

#3 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Henry,  Good to see you around from time to time.

;-)

Tim

#4 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Thanks very much Tim. I have been looking in every now and then, but the activity level has dropped; more's the pity.

I'm actually here today for a very specific purpose, namely to ask you if you are acquainted with Colin Janes, and his book "The Eagles Of Crete: An Untold Story Of Civil War"? It looks as if there's a part of Crete's recent history with which I'm totally unfamiliar.

And now that I'm at it, I have a copy of a biography by Geoffrey Pidgeon's about Edgar Harrison: "Soldier - Patriot And Ultra Wireless Operator To Winston Churchill". There is a bit about the Nazi invasion that's interesting as well as pertinent, and you're very welcome to borrow it.

If so, I'm afraid that I've lost your address, so you'd have to PM me. All the best!

#5 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi Henry,

They are two books that I wasn't aware of. Interesting blurb on Amazon about the latter, in that he handled the Ultra traffic when in Crete. Rather than accept your generous offer, I'll add the titles to my to my 'aquire and read' list as I have a stack of other books at home that I haven't got around to reading so far, and it would be months befiore I'd return it. I'll PM you though.

#6 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hi Henry,

They are two books that I wasn't aware of. Interesting blurb on Amazon about the latter, in that he handled the Ultra traffic when in Crete. Rather than accept your generous offer, I'll add the titles to my to my 'aquire and read' list as I have a stack of other books at home that I haven't got around to reading so far, and it would be months befiore I'd return it. I'll PM you though.