Dream Studios and apartments

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nats_*

Guest_Nats_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:32 PM

:roll: Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Dream Apartments in Hersonissos before and were exactly they are in Hersonissos the brochure fails to tell you.

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:33 PM

:roll: Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Dream Apartments in Hersonissos before and were exactly they are in Hersonissos the brochure fails to tell you.

#3 Guest_Mic_*

Guest_Mic_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

Also wondering about these apartments anybody any clue how far they are from the actual resort??????

Pls Help
Mic

#4 Guest_Wes_*

Guest_Wes_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:50 PM

Just booked a week at the Dream Apartments, am going there tonight will report back when I come back next week.... can't find any more info about the place beyond whats on the website

#5 Guest_Wes_*

Guest_Wes_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:52 AM

The Dream Apartments are pretty new, there are four blocks of apartments no more than three storeys high terraced on a hill, there is a pool and bar. The bar tenders are very friendly. The pool is small but very nice and clean.

The accomodation is basic, they cleaned the rooms most days, some days didn't change towels :D

All the people in the apartments are Irish so if you like that then you should be happy.

The prices for the tours that were offered by the tour operator/rep were pretty high, you can get better prices down in the resort.

There was supposed to be a BBQ during the week but they cancelled it because of low numbers, which was disappointing.

I would recommend getting an insect repellent device for your apartment they plug into a power socket and cost about 4, I got a few bites the first night but after this was installed didn't get any more.

The apartments are at the edge of the Koutoulofari village which is very picturesque, has a few mini-markets a lot of restaurants and some nice taverns.

The resort/beach of Hersonissos is over a kilometer away down a steep hill, 15 minutes walk down to the town and over 20 minutes back up the hill, taxi is 5 from resort.

There are lots of places that hire bikes/scooters/quads/cars/jeeps so you could always rent from these so that you can get to/from beach/resort/siteseeing. Do haggle for a good rate! I didn't rent but did enquire and the first price sounded expensive 100 for three days quadding, but I'm sure they would have dropped the price considerably especially since it was early in the season and demand wasn't too high.

Herkalion is worth a visit for Shopping, there is also a Museum there for the archelogical finds at the Palace of Knossos, didn't visit the Museum but did visit the ruins of the Palace at Knossos, it was pretty big, most of it is 're-constructed' not very interesting.

#6 Guest_Mic_*

Guest_Mic_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

Hi Wes
Thanks for getting back with the info.
Hopefully that hill dosen't seem as steep after a few ouzo's.
Mic :wink:

#7 Guest_Ev_*

Guest_Ev_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:58 PM

:? I know I am too late to help out but incase anyone else would like to know about the dream apartments I stayed there in Sept.

We were unlucky in that our room was on route to the pool and the 24 hour bar. Every barperson in Crete seemed to come back after finishing work at 6 to have a few drinks so it was always noisy. Not all the apartments are like this though. We found it very hard to get clean towels from the cleaning lady as she kept telling us that the laundry had broken. When we asked for toilet roll you would swear that we had 2 heads. :evil: The dream apartments don't have a restaurant. You can order breakfast if you are up early enough or pizza or a toasted sandwich and thats the extent of the menu. However just around the corner are some gorgeous restaurants and some small supermarkets so this won't bother you too much. We hired a quad bike around the corner from a lovely man in Fenomenon. We used this to get to Star Beach and down to the town. It is only a 10 minute walk down the hill to the town centre but its a steep hill back home. Taxis to and from the apartments are only 5 euro and 4 people can travel in the taxi for this. There is great shopping in Hersonnosis and the bars and Clubs I would recommend are Players, Amnesia, Temple Bar, Cameo, New York and Shenanigans - had a ball in Crete. :lol: Can't wait to go back but to be honest think I'll be giving the Dream Apartments a miss next time apart from a visit to the 24 hour bar now and then. :wink:
The Greek people are lovely - can't wait till next time........

#8 Guest_Alz_*

Guest_Alz_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:13 AM

I stayed in the Mastorakis last summer July 04

And have booked the Dream Studio's this year hope its good as i had last summer, glad to hear irish about :wink:

#9 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:46 PM

I booked the dream apartments this year in july cant wait to get there. 24 hr bar is crazy. Hersonnosis is a great place stayed there last year in the marni village. Players is the best bar by far !!

#10 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:19 PM

wot did u think of marni village? tell me all about it..im stayin there this yr!

#11 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

I booked the dream apartments this year in july cant wait to get there. 24 hr bar is crazy. Hersonnosis is a great place stayed there last year in the marni village. Players is the best bar by far !!

owen is that you 8) 8)

#12 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:03 PM

eoin is that you

i know it is mastorakis rocks class 24 hour bar go there 4 a party not a relaxin holiday as there is absoutly no sleep invoved here everybody head to mastorakis

#13 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

I stayed in the Dream aptmts in July 2003. We had booked through Budget Travel and they had told us that the apartments were divided into 2 blocks (old and new). They promised us one of the new apartments with air con but when we arrived they gave us an old one which aint that great. :lol: But we managed to charm some nice Irish boys into swapping with us so we ended up with a lovely 2 story apartment with air con :lol: They could do with changing towels more often though and actually supplying some loo roll as we hardly ever got any.
Pool is small but nice and everyone seems to know each other. The Irish girls working in the bar are great fun. Apartments are about 15 mins walk from centre and 15 mins from beach also. Beach aint that great as it's small but Star beach is good..lots or bars, pools and watersports. Players is one of the best bars there altho it's small and there is a few good karaoke bars up the main strip. It's mainly Irish and Scandinavians there and a few Scots. If ye fancy a change, Malia the English resort is good fun too and it has a few Irish pubs.
Don't book daytrips with the reps as they are cheaper down the town. The boat trip out to the islands of Spingalonga is good, great for a tan :lol:

#14 tinatoon

tinatoon

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:50 AM

I really thought that it was obvious, clear, natural - what ever - that toilet paper just as washing-up liquid, washing powder and so on are not included if you stay in an apartment.
In a hotel? Yes, toilet paper included.
In an apartment? Nope, not included.
But you can be glad if you have some toiletpaper when you arrive, that's a nice gesture from the cleaning lady in my opinion.

Good God, don't you know / learn anything in Ireland? I learned that on like my first holiday staying in an apartment, when I was five or something....

#15 Guest_Kieran_*

Guest_Kieran_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:23 PM

Hey, marni village is deadly its one of the best spots to stay in in hersonissos because its a real nice comfortable place and its near the strip where it all goes down !!!! we tried to book there this year but it was booked out so me and my mates (4 Irish lads ) are stayin in the dream apartments this year i hope its as good.

talk to you soon.

#16 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:48 PM

hi kieran....thanks for the info on Marni Village....just wondering if the staff are strict about noise etc? Is their bar there good craic? We're going there at end of July...what about u?

#17 Guest_kieran_*

Guest_kieran_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:26 PM

hey,

Yeah there is one member of staff that is very strict he is a security guard his name is vangeles !! he has one policy. rooms are for sleeping and sex only. Ya can really have a party when he is around so thats the only down side. The bar is good, the staff are great they go well outta there way to do anything for ya which is really nice, im going the last two weeks in july myself.

#18 Kieran

Kieran

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hey,

Kieran here, a message to the guest wondering about marni village. Whats your name ??

#19 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:00 PM

Very glad we weren't staying in the apartments the same time as cranky tinatoon. :evil: Dont know what kind of apartments you have usually stayed in (since you were 5!) but we have always been given toilet roll in every apartment we have ever stayed in.

#20 Guest_crazykat_*

Guest_crazykat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:11 PM

hi there
anyone going to marni village july 2005?
me and a few mates are going cant wait
is marni lively and are there lots of young people going as well