• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Just when I thought the forum was lost and gone forever I had a message from Ros to say "its back!".  :D

So whats the news folks???

Who has been to Crete? - We went for 6 busy weeks in May.June - got residency permits & bought a car in preparation for spending more time there.  Our driving to Crete days are done.

Who is planning to go?  - We are back out there again Sept/Oct

Who has moved out there or is planning to?

Who knows how to use this new look forum?

Kritsa Yvonne

#2 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Wahaaaay. It's back , will post more later

#3 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Pleased to report that I'm moving to Crete permanently on 16th September! 

#4 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I have to pop back to the UK 11th-15th October, then my cats will fly out to join me. Hope to see you again soon Yvonne, maybe for a Sunday lunch at Earino's?

#5 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Not been away anywhere yet this year. The prices seem to have gone astronomically expensive. My favourite location to stay is no longer with Olympic Holidays and while it's simple enough to buy the flights and accommodation seperately, I've yet to find a flight deal from Manchester for the two of us for less than £600! Ouchy!

I keep looking at the Chania webcam wistfully.....

Curiouser and curiouser.....

#6 Aurelia

Aurelia

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

The "new" Forum has a very nice format.

To answer just one of your questions, Yvonne,  I will be on Crete from early September to late October on a book promotion tour and will be based primarily in Chania and Chora Sfakion.  it would be nice to meet some of the people who post here.  Please visit my website for information on my new novel, set in the mountain villages of Crete. 

www.mysteriesofcrete.com

#7 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Not been away anywhere yet this year. The prices seem to have gone astronomically expensive. My favourite location to stay is no longer with Olympic Holidays and while it's simple enough to buy the flights and accommodation seperately, I've yet to find a flight deal from Manchester for the two of us for less than £600! Ouchy!

I keep looking at the Chania webcam wistfully.....

Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#8 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Got to day i love looking at the webcam too :'(
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#9 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

Found cheap flights today, so we're off to Chania next Tuesday!

How much is Unleaded petrol in Chania at the moment?

#10 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi, all - great to see this forum back, though only realised a couple of days ago. We're still enjoying life here, working on the garden, though it's looking rather brown and neglected at the moment - too hot to do work in the garden now, but as soon as the first autumn rains come, we'll be out there.  At the moment we're not doing much more than the basics on the house and garden in the morning and then down to the beach fo the afternoon - it's a hard life!

Ros, pleased to know you're moving out in September - when you get settled, please do come to see us, we have a spare bedroom so no problem for an overnight stay or two.

Aurelia - please post when you know the details of your book promotion tour - we're near Chania (just inland from Kalyves), so will certainly attend one of the events - be great to meet up with you.

Yvonne - hopefully you and Alan can make it over to us this visit, as with Ros, no problem to put you up for a couple of nights and we could show you a couple of places here. Last Sunday we went up to the Askifou plateau and then over to Chora Sfakion, stpped to see the war museum on the plateau, which is just and ordinary house filled with guns, mortar shells etc from the war here - fascinating.

Anybody else planning to holiday here in the Chania area - do get in contact and we can met up at least for a drink.

Pam & Bob

#11 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Found cheap flights today, so we're off to Chania next Tuesday!

How much is Unleaded petrol in Chania at the moment?

Have a fab time - let us know what you get up to

Kritsa Yvonne

#12 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Pam has recommended us a nice place to visit; Aptera. We love visiting and photographing these type of places.  We hope to be meeting up with Pam for lunch at a taverna nearby, so exciting!

I've been informed that Unleaded is around €1.75 (approx £1.49) a litre at the moment, for anyone thinking of hiring a car for the duration of their holidays like we do.

My Husband, Dave is hoping that the skies are super clear for our stay as he's bringing some telescope equipment for astronomical photography. Hopefully Albania isn't burning like it was last year and made for a very "muddy" night sky!