8 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Dear friends and visitors,
It has been a while since the last changes to the Explore Crete forums, blogs and galleries. However things evolve and an upgrade seemed necessary, so here are the new, upgraded Crete forums, blogs and photo albums! All of them remain 100% free for our members to use.

You will notice that there are new features available and things have become easier, more functional and more convenient. For example:

1. You do not need to register, as you can sign in with your facebook account. Click on the facebook icon inside the "sign in" box. This is a new feature and I would like to hear if it works well for all of you.

2. You can share interesting forum topics, blog posts and album pictures with your friends on facebook, twitter, stumbleupon, delicious, etc... Just look for the Share Icons at the bottom of each topic and blog post, or for the relevant menu (Share Image) on the right side of each album photo.

3. Enjoy great slideshows with photos from our members albums. It is a great feature of the upgraded gallery, but the link to start the slideshow is located in the menu at the lower part of each album and it is not easy to notice right away.

4. Better spam protection, which hopefully will make easier the work of the volunteers who moderate this forum and keep it spammer-free. This is a good chance for me to say a big Thanks to TIm, Dinny, Yvonne and anyone else who helps me with the moderation of the Explore Crete forums, blogs and galleries.

A few more words about the spam protection of the new forums: The posts of all new members will be moderated from now on, which means that their posts will not become public until one of the moderators approves them. If we get convinced that the new member is not a spammer, then his / her membership status will be upgraded and no more moderation will be required. There are also limitations for the creation of blogs and photo albums by new members, because it is a feature frequently abused by spammers.

Enjoy the upgraded Explore Crete forums and let me know if you encounter any problems.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

WOW!!!!!! :blink: What an eye opener this was!! Great first impressions Yannis!!! Obviously an awful lot of hard work has gone into this, so yet again 'Thanks'.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi Dave,
I am glad your first impressions are positive. I hope more positive comments will follow.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

It's looking great Yannis!
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#5 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Nice upgrade Yannis and many thanks for the effort and hard work involved.
Like you I'm sure all regulars appreciate the efforts of the Moderators in keeping spam at bay and i'm sure the new system for new members will sift out the spammers :D

Thanks to all who make visiting EXPLORE CRETE a pleasure :D

#6 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Great upgrade Yannis. it looks very well and the efforts to keep the spammers out will be well worthwhile. Many thanks for the improvement

#7 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

I had not realised how long it had been since I last logged on and then WOW what a suprise! I have had a reduced amount of time to "play" lately but have now had a good look. It is FAB thank you Yannis.
Kritsa Yvonne

#8 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Great upgrade and nice to see the "old" members active again Yannis
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#9 Aurelia

Aurelia

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Bravo, Yannis.  It will be nice to connect with friends again.

I will be in Crete most of September and October.

Aurelia