#1 alexandros

alexandros

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hello

I am sorry that I have not been around here for many's a long day and apologise if everyone has seen this, but probably some have not.

http://www.movimento...acreta-tappa02/

We had the pleasure of welcoming Luca and Mattias to our home last year during their E4 walk, they supported our donkey sanctuary and very kindly left walking from from their sponsors Patagonia, Scarpa and Osprey.

Their aim was to map by GPS the E4 in order to make it more accessible to people who want to walk it or part of it. Luca uses donkeys in Italy where he is a mountain guide, hence the connection.

Fascinating and dedicated people who it was a pleasure to be assiciated with.

Alistair

#2 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

The E4 passes through my village on the way from Venerato to Asites. I often see walkers in the area. There is a lovely little church called Fanorameni, on this path, just outside of Kerasia, which has shade & picnic tables & a water tap. I often see walkers sat there having a rest!

#3 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

In the past there have often been questions here, and elsewhere, seeking information about the best available maps for walking. I am pleased to report that things have got better and that there is now a 1:50.000 touring and hiking map book available. It is produced by Anavasi and cost 23 Euros. Not sure exactly where it is available on the wider front yet though certainly the Mediterraneo book shop on Xania book shop has a few copies. It is both Greek and English. Thanks of course to our book expert, SJ who, between coffees etc, pointed out their availability. Cheers mate.