#1 Johan kai Ann

Johan kai Ann

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Yasou everybody,
We are very glad to have found this forum.
We became fans of Greece and more specifically Crete.
If people ask us how that came, it is difficult to explain. It is a matter of loving. And that is always difficult to explain.
Looking for some objective reasons of course there is the weather, the landscape and the ever friendly people.
We are a family of 5: Ann, Johan and the children Romy, Tiny and Yannis.
Going to Greece in the usual hotels during high season can be quite expensive fo 5.
That's why we bought a holiday house in Sissi (Vrahasi-Lasithi). It is 50 m away from the picturesque bay and 200 m from a free swimming pool.
We still have a loan at a bank but all together it is cheaper and nicer then staying in a big hotel. We also rent it.
It allows us to spend all together one month per year in Crete. We just love it and are counting down the days until we can go to our holliday house again.
When we are there we divide our times over 3 activities (or should I say inactivities?): swimming in the bay, staying around and in the pool and visiting places.
Do you remember the tv series "Who pays the ferryman?"? Sissi reminds me a bit of that. It has not develloped as hard as the original venue from the series: Elounda. It now is a nice combination of authenticity and things modern tourists desire.
The reason why I have registered is to maybe get ideas from about things to do or visit and which are not known by the large public.
Maybe meet other members over there...?
Efcharisto poly.

Attached Files