• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Today! And thanks to, was it Pam or Yvonne who found out whar seat I should try for. Got row 9. :-)

#22 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

I hope the commemoration events go well and that you have a good time, then perhaps you could PM to explain want you had to do to persuade them to give you that seat!
Kritsa Yvonne

#23 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

We fly out next Tuesday,can't wait!!! At least then i won't have to listen to my wifes' constant weather updates about how hot/cold it is on the island...! Haha!

Anyway, been going to Crete since a "wee lad" and would move there in a heartbeat, i love the place!!!! Like Tinks, we honeymooned here back in 2002, and keep returning to the same town,apartments and friends ever since!

Manny

#24 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'll pm about the seats wheni get back, especially if i can pull off the double! Been to Firkas thids morning for flag raising, boy our vets do us proud. Caught up with many old friends, judt missed a few others because ofsmall drama, ok now. Just msrveloud to hsve coffe eith thodorr, sj, marylkn, john 4d anf others. Hope tonight at galatas to catch others we missed.mygood freind Stafford, a veteran, and his colleagues , all heroes hrre, did us proud.
Apolos for typos!

#25 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

Well, We am off to Crete on the 1st of July to Piskopiano, and taking in a couple of days in Elunda. So, roll on the 1st

Best Regards

Kieran

#26 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'll be back in Crete for 2 weeks from 18th July, can't wait!

#27 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Phew, work contract ended yesterday :D Now we have a week to relax and get in the travelling mood as we set off to Crete by car next week. Driving via Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast of Italy - yep it is a bit off course but should be great fun B) Really hard to get a ferry crossing at short notice - never booked so near to travelling before so with no overnight cabins left we will be using the recliner aircraft style seats. Kritsa here we come :wub: Meanwhile, thank you to our UK house sitters – have a good break yourselves.
Kritsa Yvonne

#28 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi, Yvonne - glad you're making it back to Crete for the rest of the summer. You'll enjoy Pompeii and Amalfi, I'm sure, though it's a long time since I've been there. As you're bringing the car, looks like you're going to be here for a while, so we hope you can make it to our place to see the house finished. We're well settled into the house but the garden is still work in progress. We've got some vegetables growing and some flowers and bushes planted, but it's a big area to tame.

Pam

#29 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Pam, that sounds a great idea - will PM you from Crete :D
Kritsa Yvonne