#1 Pete66

Pete66

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Hello everyone.

I have just registered and hope to find out lots about Crete through this forum having never visited before. We have visited Corfu many times, Skiathos this summer and lived in Cyprus for a while many years ago. We are looking at a villa in Kokkino Chorio next summer and would welcome any feedback on the place from those in the know.

Yiammas!

Pete
  • Jimmysot , Katyaamna4 , PaperSic and 2 others like this

#2 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hi and welcome, I'm suprised no ones answered you yet as its a popular area for tourist. Not stayed in that part of Crete myself so can't personaly help as we usually stay in the south or far east. Hopefully someone hereabouts will be able to help you soon :)
  • Andrewjem likes this

#3 Pete66

Pete66

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Graeme.

#4 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Hi, Pete - we live fairly near Kokkino Chorio, but in the valley inland from Kalyves. We've only been there once (and that was mainly to visit the furniture store), but did have a drink in the square. On the plus side it has wonderful views of Souda Bay, but as far as we could see it has only one kafenion/mini-market in the village. The village is mainly newly built houses for ex-pats and holiday homes. It is a 15-minute drive to the nearest beach, though you can walk to a little cove below the town. Personally we would rather base ourselves in Kalyves (as we did several times before we moved), which has a number of good tavernas and bars and a good beach.

Pam