16 replies to this topic

#1 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Forums currently being spammed by member MBT...........Admin/Mods please attend !

#2 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

I've just PM's the moderators so hopefully one of them will stop it soon. MBT is still online so expect even more until they get stopped.

#3 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I've just PM's the moderators so hopefully one of them will stop it soon. MBT is still online so expect even more until they get stopped.

This has happened several times recently, could the registration process not be changed so new posters can only post with admin approval ?

#4 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't 'banned' a member before but have tried to use the admin tools to achieve that with this one . I will also wade through and remove the span.- that should keep me busy!

#5 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

Have fun!

#6 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Thanks Tim, much appreciated :mellow:

#7 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Thanks, Tim! :-)
I've just cleaned my blog from 'mbt spam' and thought I had to go through all the messages now... Do you want me to start in the far end to clean, so we'll meet in the middle? ;-)

#8 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hm! There are actually so many messages in the forums that it would take me all day to delete all the messages from 'mbt'. I hope Yannis can come up with a one-click-sweep-action?????

#9 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Hi Dinny,
Yes, I am finding them everywhere too- and my breakfast is getting cold.
They are not just on the 'leading' page but beyond that. As I delete, their next one comes up under this message and the thread with the deleted post goes eleswhere.
By all means have a go at some whilst I do likewise. I think if you just delete what you see then between us we will get rid of them all. I will email Yiannis to see if there is a way to delete any particular members posts in one go, and in the meantime hope what I have tried to do banning them works. This isn't the first time they have done it, but it is by far the worst.

#10 Graeme

Graeme

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Aha ..... Yannis has been woken from his deckchair , good morning boss :mellow:

#11 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Well I hope between us all the spam has been removed now. I will see if we can do something to prevent a repeat.
It may be that the order of threads has changed a little because, to my simple mind, the display seems to take time of last post into account rather than last thread.
So, if something you thought should be at the top as most recent is not, I'm afraid you may have to look a bit further.
Hopefully only the spam got deleted but I was getting a little cross eyed towards the end!
;-)

#12 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hi - over the past 2 days I have removed comments from MBT that were added to my last blog entry but I had not realised it was such a widespread problem.

The Blogs by Pailoi and Christianshop look to be rogue and need to be removed.

What sad lives some people must have eh! :mellow:
Kritsa Yvonne

#13 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thanks Yvonne, I'll take a look.

#14 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

You really had a hard time, Time, I'm sorry to admit that I eventually gave up, because - as you mentioned - they kept coming up everywhere. Actually I start to get a bit worried about Yannis! Did you get in contact with him, Tim? It's not really like Yannis to disappear from the scene for such a long time without taking care of actions to be taken?

Well, I hope somebody has news from Yannis, just to know that he is around and OK.

;-)

#15 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

I've just found a message from mtb in one of my old blogs and there is another, almost identical posting, from someone called 'lizi.

Dave
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#16 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Trust Dave to find my failures ;-) Dave, if you can pm me with the blog you are referring to I will deal with it. Thought I had sorted them all.
I did contact Yannis OK, gather he must be as busy as ever.
PS Did also find spam from a lizi. I think they employ some poor Chinese person to sit and plant the spam all over. Have been trying to contact the company top give them a piece of 'advice' but they seem short on genuine contact details- No surprise there then!

#17 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Tim,
You don't have failures.........this was just a small blimp on an everlasting road!!! I'll PM you the details as you asked.
Hope you are keeping well, although I think you must be as you seem to be enjoying the boat!!
Regards

dave
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!