#1 Fitflop

Fitflop

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hello everyone

I am new to Crete but not to Greece. Have travelled to Rhodes, Zante and Corfu.

We are looking to come to Crete next year. We have already picked out a Self Catering place only 2klms outside Chania. B)

Hope you will be able to help us with any questions we may have and also be able to give us tips on different places to visit on this side of Crete.

We only have either 10 months or 11 months to wait :mellow: am awaiting other half's holiday dates to be given to him from work.

May I ask just incase he is able to change them. Would you say last two weeks of May or middle two weeks of June are best. Leaving out the week that will be half term in England.

We do like the nice warm days around the pool or on the Beach but like the warm evenings to sit outside little Taverna's and people watch.

Look forward to hearing from someone on any subjects to do with Crete.

Fitflop :D

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

I love May in Crete, warm days but not too hot if you enjoy more variety than beaches - the sea is a bit chilly though.

We have just got back from Crete and the June weather was exceptionally hot at times and there was even some unseasonal rain - this gave us the variety I like but, for me, the best aspect of warmer weather is spending evenings outdoors.
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

May for me too - and the flowers etc are still at their peak. Water is warm enough for most of us from the UK I think.

#4 Jop

Jop

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

I agree, May or the first couple of weeks of June see Crete at it's prettiest before it gets parched with the sun

Temperature just nice then, everything opening up and everyone in a good mood and looking forward to seeing the tourists!

#5 nancyd589

nancyd589

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

My name is Nancy and I am new here, its my pleasure to join this community to find some information and good friends here.