#1 rony

rony

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Good Evening.
I am travelling to Crete and am planing to purchase a SIM Free Iphone for my wife, as a small token of gratitude for her recent birth of our beautiful daughter.
Do you have any recommendations as to where i can acheive this in the proximity of hotel stellapalace?
In addition, i understand that i must take the VAT return forms to the customs agent at the airport.
Can you please advise if the airport provides this service?
My flight back home is at 00:00 midnight. Will there be a customs representative to sign the forms?
Will it be possible to obtain the refund from my home country?
I will appreciate any guidance which anyone will be able to provide.
Kind Regards,
R

#2 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

It is a while since I went through an airport in Crete but I have been though late at night and cannot recall seeing any reclaim VAT facility, they can be pretty deserted places but you may be lucky. I think I would try and check at the airport as you come in, and with customs in your own country. From what I remember, there are plenty of phone retailers around, whether they have unlocked Iphones is another matter.
Hope someone else may have more up to date info- but this is the best I can offer at the moment.

#3 rony

rony

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply and good will. i am hoping that someone else can contribute additional information.
R