#1 Dean

Dean

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hi all ,

group of 3 lads coming over to Malia in October.

Can anyone tell me if its still busy that time of year ?

Is there still plenty of sun going about ?

Staying at the Malia Mare which seems to be in a really good spot with good write ups .

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hello

Be prepared for a mix of weather although you could get wall to wall sunshine - evenings could be a little chilly. There will still be a wide variety of places open but the peak season will be over.

If you intend to take any trips out there is a great jeep safari, a day trip that gets a thumbs up from people of all ages and allows you to see life beyond the bars and nightclubs.

Hope you enjoy it
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

I hate to disappoint you but Malia now starts to shut down towards the end of September (if not earlier) so a lot of the clubs/pubs/restaurants that are open during the summer will be closed or closing come October. With the way the season is looking this year, I can see a lot of places opening mid May and closing towards the end of August/September.

Before we moved to Malia permanently, we used to holiday the first 2 or middle 2 weeks in September and even then there were some businesses starting to close.

As Yvonne says, there will be other things for you to do like the jeep safari.

#4 Dean

Dean

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

I came here as i normally go to Gran Canaria , been loads of times there and atho the weather is always good there isnt much people.

The weather in Malia will be a lot better than that of Aberdeen in october so as long as we get a bit of sun ;)

Not good that places will be closed as i was told this was also a 12 month island but hey will just have to get on with it.