#41 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Wim,
I'm due to fly next Tuesday, I'm keping my fingers crossed!!! Hopefully flights SHOULD be operating normally by then. I'm flying with Easyjet & they seem to be running their normal schedule today, apart from some of the early morning flights today which were cancelled.

I really do hope you make it next week. We should have a much better idea of what's happening by the weekend.
At least the Greek air traffic controllers have cancelled their strike for this Thursday & Friday, to help the tourists & the economy!!!

#42 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Come on Ros, you read Ray's comment, everything is just fine! ( which reminds me of Chamberlain)

We'll be there in time and if not? Well, Ray'll take us there. :D

B)

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#43 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

High suspence! Well, since Ton picked the best restaurant in Sivas (did you book a table, by the way?), I guess I will just make sure to move myself the 1,5 kilometres from Pitsidia to Sivas on the 3rd and get started on the raki (better make that wine!) while waiting for you... ;-)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will all make it!
And looking very much forward to seeing you all.

:-)

#44 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

No Dinny I did not book a table. Could you please do that?
Thanks-Ton

#45 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

OK ;-)

#46 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

I'll be glad to meet you all there in Sivas.

If my airliner keeps his pro messes (I paid them twice) I'll arrive in Heraklion the 28th at 21.00 hrs. Just in time to check in at the Kronos hotel, go to the Morosini area and have my first tsipouro since? Spend about 2 days there, meet Yannis, get drunk, (again I hope) and leave for Sivas at the 1th of may which 'll able me to (re) search the surroundings, meet an old friend and his family in Agia Fotia Meta and go night skinny dipping at Komos beach.

Any body there who'll join me B)

At the 5th I relocate to Galini, for old times sake. See who ruined the area the most and get happy, also for old times sake.

Looking forward.....

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#47 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Great news, Wim. Hope you have a good flight and a wonderful time in Heraklion. See you on the 3rd in Sivas.

Pam & Bob

#48 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

I'm in Crete & can confirm that Wim is also here. See you all tomorrow.

#49 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

Things have changed here on the forum. Looks good Yannis!

I have to apologize myself to you all, but mainly to the friends who came to see me when I visited Crete last year. As you probably remember I met a woman Caecilia who became a friend. Nothing wrong with that I can hear you say/think and neither did I.

It all started a few weeks after my visit to Crete.
Since she had to sell her house after her husband died and hence the costs of living became too costly she decided to sell the house she lived in and look for another one which would better fit her housekeeping book. And since ‘housing’ is my business you can guess what decision I made and which was warmly accepted.

We began with preparing the house for sale, you can’t imagine what human beings, who are both musicians, with a son, and love cooking, reading etc, compile a lot of stuff that comes with it. Cabinets full of sheet music a cellar filled with cooking gear , wine etc. and all the furniture spread over 3 levels.
In the meantime we started searching for a new house. Happily there was, and still is, a huge proposal in Holland so we ended up with visiting about forty of them ,discussing the pros and cons afterwards, even visiting the interesting ones twice and even thrice. I made sketches to see what furniture would fit and what had to be left out. Etc. In short all of you who have ever moved know where I’m talking about.

In August she decided which house would be her new one and I understood her choice because it was in a ‘chic’ shop street.....with all the ‘daily’ necessities and a chocolate shop where even the queen can be found drooling....So, I could start making the necessary plans and estimation to find her ‘taste’ matching the budget and the size of the house.
We shopped till we dropped for the usual utilities you need for dressing a house and even the unusual to make it even look better. Naturally we had a lot of fun and no wonder that along the way our friendship grew to an intense level...

The first week of October the removal took place and wasn’t it a coincidence that also her son found a new job at the Berliner Philharmoniker....you guess what happened yes; together with a mutual friend we moved the son’s stuff to Berlin it was only on the third floor and no elevator...but he was very happy with it and so was his mother which made me happy too..
The rest of the year and the first month of 2011 I was busy helping her out with all kind of domestically jobs, not on a daily base but still on a regularly one. My feelings of friendship grew deeper and it was evident that after undergoing all this sort of being so close to each other the intimacy grew to its climax and yes I fell madly in love.

But alas, I was the only one so the love could not be consumed. Of course we talked it over and over again but there are no arguments that can change friendship into love. So to solace my soul I proposed a time out, and during the past two month I saved the bugger and wrenched the feelings back to its old proportions of a clean friendship...

So this is why you all haven’t heard from me lately. A year older, an experience richer and a bit wiser, I hope...

In my next post I'll add some pictures I took last holiday.
Take care you all!!

#50 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm so sorry for you Wim! So, now you need a trip to Crete, to lighten your mood. I'll be over for 2 weeks from 13th September. Why don't you book yourself a little holiday? We'd all love to see you again.

Take care
Ros.

#51 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi Wim,

Well, first of all, it is good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear that the romantic part of a great new friendship didn´t turn out as you had hoped - still, good friends with whom you can share your interests are not that easily found, so hopefully you still enjoy the friendship part in full. ;-)

And, yes, it would be nice to see you down here whenever you care to go for a holiday. Right now it´s so sizzling hot that one can only stay indoors or in the waves, but September would be a nice choice.

Keep us posted
:-)

Dinny

#52 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Can't I delete this thing? All the pics are in disorder without text underneath it and when I want to edit the posting I only see the text and no pictures. After saving changes the posing shows up with the pics. Abracadabra...

Attached Files

Edited by Wim, 19 August 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#53 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

This thing too, don't understand how it came here. I'm able to edit but not to delete the bugger :(

#54 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Just loved this view.

And the Turkish elements of the city

Till later!

#55 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Something went awfully wrong, Dinny can you delete the superfluous ones?
Well you did haha, but now we have another problem. Is there a way to delete a posting and then redo the procedure?

:blush:

#56 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Something went awfully wrong, Dinny can you delete the superfluous ones?

:blush:

Well, Wim... as you can see, deleting the last post messed up everything. Sigh!
Sorry about that - but the photos were beautiful! As long as they lasted... ;-)