55 replies to this topic

#1 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

I know the forum has been quite quiet recently, but I haven't seen any postings from Wim for a while. Does anyone know if he's still in the Netherlands, or has he realised his dream & made the big move to Crete?
Wim where are you?

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi, Ros - I've been wondering about that myself. Wim hasn't even visited the forum since December and that's a real shame as I used to enjoy reading his posts. I do hope he's OK.

Pam

#3 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

HI All, Wim is fine - and yes, still in the Netherlands!

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

Isn't it great!

I'm alive and still doing some kicking in the Dutch area. Denise (laid back Lill) made me aware of this topic. (Feels great to have one for my own sorry for the other members :P)

I'll fill you in; Ros, Pam, ( I allready informed Denise) and maybe some other members who are interested.
Crete, and the forum hasn't been out of my mind. But probably the need of attending this forum was. After all one has to step back to leave some initiative to the other members :lol:. My mother always said, son, never exceed your quota <_<

But actually, the main reason was because my life took a turn just before my 65th birthday. I fell madly in love. I was ashtonished when it happened for I thought this to be impossible to occure at that age but,... miracles seem to happen (I was aware of the shit) once in a life time. Due to the fact that Caecila is younger than I am I found a reason to postpone my idea of relocating to Crete, found a nicer apartment to live and my life felt, all of a sudden, as a Cretan sunrise. So no need to emigrate. No?

But never say no. Just like the miracle the other thing can also happen (again) and than, when I'm still able to walk, talk and smile my sentiments will be focused again on the island of my heart where I can live in peace, die and get burried with my feet pointing towards the sunset.

No need to say that I appreciate youre concerns about "moi"

B)

P.S. I changed my avatar just in case some of you think what the f does he looks like.
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#5 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

Wim, I am so pleased for you. I hope Caecila shares your love of Crete, or maybe will fall in love with it when you take her on holiday there. That's what happened with my husband, Bob - he'd never been to Greece before when we went on our first holiday there, but loved it and is now as keen as I am on the move (which is now less than 3 weeks away).

If you do come over on holiday this year, do let us know and we can meet up.

Pam & Bob

#6 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Great news Wim, Pleased for you.
Dave
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#7 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Well, well, well, you sly old old fox you!!!

I think that's great news Wim, & I'm very pleased to hear of your good fortune. I hope you'll be bringing Caecila to Crete with you for a holiday this year. <_<

#8 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

Ros! Pam&Bob! Denise! Dave!
It feels great to have friends in general, but to have them on this forum feels even better!

Travelling to Crete together has passed my mind of course. Problem is she's a musician in The Hague Residential Orchestra and bound to tight schedules. She also has a son who studies violin in the USA, so I have to take the mother/child bond into consideration, which of course has a privilege.

Any how, whatever happens, I have set my schedule for Crete in May.

Love,

Wim
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#9 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

By the new looks on your photo you must have trimmed some extra weight. This girl must have really worked hard on you!
Keep it up Wim and enjoy the ride as long as you can! <_<

#10 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

what wonderful news!

all the best to you both!

chris
The Manchester Regiment

www.themanchesters.org

#11 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hello all,

Thanks for your warm whishes. They feel good because it's still cold and raining in this low land.

Aegean Airlines has come to my attention. Though they don't fly directly from Amsterdam to Heraklion, they do from Brussels and for a great price. Only E 188,- inclusive taxes and the usual expences.

AegeanAir

Yes Ton I lost 20 kg another 7 and I'm back in the safety zone, BMI 25...

Anybody in there during this period? <_<

Take care all.

#12 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

Yes, Wim - we'll be there as we're moving permanently in less than 2 weeks. You're welcome to come and visit us and stay for a couple of nights. We're in a little village a few kilometres inland from Kalyves, east of Chania. Alternatively, we can come and visit you where you'll be staying. I'll PM you our contact details over the next few days.

All the best and your new life does seem to suit you!

Pam & Bob

#13 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Yeah Wim! I will certainly be in Crete in May. I will be glad to see you if you are visiting south Crete. My No in Crete is 6942853135. Cheers-Ton

#14 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

I'll be in Crete 27th April until 11th May, staying halfway between Heraklion & Moires. Will be visiting the south for odd days. When will you be there Wim?

Ros.

#15 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:45 AM

Dear friends,

Aegean Airlines was not able to fulfill their offer and came up with a regular price. Must have something to do with the Greek economy.
So I shopped with Transavia, the only Dutch airliner that flies directly to Chania and Heraklion. And; all worked out just fine. Except for the price, that is.

Arriving at Heraklion Airport the 19th of April at 21.15. Will stay for one night. Maybe even see people who live there and who are in for a drink. Next day I'll leave for Agia Galini. I'll be able to meet Ros (are you really 21?), Pam/Bob and Ton and every body else who's in for a wet get to gather <_<. Ton you gave me your phone number, when I check in with you can you inform the others or shall we pm our's ?.

And then I'll leave again (sob) the 5th of May.

It feels great to meet after all these years and am looking forward to it..!!

Chris and Dave are you there as well?

:lol:

#16 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

Hi Wim

Good to hear you are so well and plan to visit Crete soon.

We leave just before you arrive so you will have to visit again another year!

Best wishes
Kritsa Yvonne

#17 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Wim,
I will be glad to meet you, Ton, Ros and (hopefully) Dinny in April or May. My phonenumber is in the Contact page on the main site ( http://www.explorecr...com/contact.php ).

Yannis.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#18 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

I will be arriving on the 3d of May. I will be available to meet either on the 3d in the evening or on the 4th since Wim is departing on the 5th. Someone needs to organise this and pull the strings together. Anyvolunteers guys? Do I hear Dinny or Yanni saying yes?
;) Wim give me a call anyway to touch base on the 3d after 14:00pm in case my flight is delayed. I sincerely hope something is organised with all of us

If we all meet for dinner I would recommend the Pizza or Kelari in Kamilari or one of the restaurants in Sivas or Pitsidia.

Cheers-Ton B)

#19 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

Sorry, B) but I'm not in Crete until August. Sounds as though you may be in need of a holiday when you get back or should that be de-tox? ;) Perhaps both!Enjoy yourselves and have a great time. B)
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#20 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

It would be great to all meet up for dinner and we'd certainly come down for it. However, whilst we will be in Crete by then, we'll be in the north west, but could probably sort something out if need be - we do know the area.

Wim, we could do a trip to Agia Galini before then, if you like - it's not much more than an hours drive. I'll PM you my Greek mobile number before we leave the UK and also let you have our land line number when we get it.

Best get on with some more packing now!

Pam