#1 Durga-ji

Durga-ji

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hi

My name is Susan and I live in the United States. I joined this group for a simple reason...the first of which is that I have had an item....a pin....that I have kept with me for many years and have never been able to identify. The second reason is that there have been many references to Crete and Greece lately...from television shows to my finding a flag to conversations....and finally someone who knew that the letters pressed into the top of the pin refer to Crete. So, now I have chased my mystery this far...I need someone who knows the particulars about the item so I can satisfy my neverending curiousity regarding it. I was hoping to post a picture of it...hoping that someone will recognize it right away. Is it simply a tourist token? Is it representative of a group or organization? Can you tell me the significance of the design? Why is there a "sword" or "knife" attached? However, I keep getting the message that I'm not allowed to post that kind of file. I'll keep trying. I could send the picture individually to anyone who can help! Anyway....whatever information you can provide will be SO appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

If you go the the members area and look me (Tim) up, you will find an email address listed for me. (I'll not give it here to avoid spam) email the image to me and I'll see if I can get it on for you.
Tim

#3 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

Attached File  cretebadge.jpg   40.97KB   25 downloadsHere is the image referred to, click on it to see enlarged. Any one with any ideas?

#4 armando

armando

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

In my opinion it could be a souvenir of Crete .. looking at the "survey image" with the name of the isle and at the typical Cretan Knife hanging
Bye
Armando