#1 Cliff Astles

Cliff Astles

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

My normal practise these days {(amateur photographer for some 50 plus years (but now retired)}, is to concentrate on my "retirement hobby" of taking photos for my own pleasure.

I still do have an Internet Photobox Gallery(see home page for this link), but this is no longer used as a commercial site.

MOST, if not all of my photographic work these days is to loan my skills and experience (such as it is) as a Volunteer Photographer, to my local community, and placing these onto this site for all to see, fro FREE.

However, a great deal of this work involves taking pictures in public, shows, parades, music, dancing etc, plus my holidays, where try to ensure that any of the people / artists / performers have FREE access to use ANY of my photographs that may be suitable for people to use for their own personal use, or for company marketing / press / prints for friends etc.

Therefore, ALL photographs taken this time in Crete will also be FREE to any person or company that wish to have them.

This offer is open to any person, company, travel agent, hotel etc, and is NOT limited to number of shots.

Any jpeg requested would need to be sent out via e-mail, within reason as to quantities for this type of service.

However, should larger quantities be required ( eg 25 to 50 photo jpegs) then I would be quite happy to make a CD and send this out for them, at COST. There is NO COST for my time, or the technology used to send these out to people.

Typical, jpegs copied to the CD, plus CD, plus post and packaging in the UK, costs some £ 1.50 uk pounds.

Obviously, postal costs would be slightly more to send the CD to the USA or New Zealand, costs TBA, but not much more.

Contact by E-mail is the only way I can accept any such requests, BUT ALL will be taken care of, in time.

I have done this very many time before, and it works !! Many of my photos have been used in magazines / marketing brochures / press etc. Obviously, if the photo is to be used "commercially" I would like to know, beforehand.

My contribution is just being in the right place, taking the photo, with a small amount of my time doing the photo processing, and uploading to the Internet etc.

Please do enjoy my photos, as much as I enjoy taking them, particularly in CRETE.

Look forward to hearing from you all, perhaps some time end June / beginning July.

You never know, I may be lucky enough, to actually get photos of a traditional wedding. ALL Photos & Jpegs FREE for that !!

PS This offer is open to Yannis, as are my last years photos of CRETE.

Cliff

#2 Cliff Astles

Cliff Astles

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

Hi to all Crete Lovers,

The photos from our first trip to Crete of 2009 have now all been "processed", and a number of Albums have already been up-loaded onto my own Free to View Web page

A small selection of these will be created at a reduced resolution (smaller file or Jpeg size) and will be loaded onto the Explore Crete Web Page, probably during this next week ( JUNE 15 -20th).

The full set of Albums using higher resolution photos of our trip can also be seen on my Web Page, and these are FREE to view, and the 6 x 4 sized photos are available at cost, plus postage, if you wish for a printed copy of any of the photos.

Please use the link provided on the Explore Crete Web Page, or :- photoboxgallery.com/arisam-photo

Anyone wishing for the photo jpeg, for their own use for prints, and / or to use for commercial reasons, eg Yannis or any other commercial or even private organisation can have these FREE Of CHARGE.

Just drop me an e-mail requesting what is required and I will do my best to get these out to you asap.

A number of pre-visit requests for special photos have already been actioned, and the jpegs are with these people, now.

I trust you all enjoy the photos just as much as we have enjoyed being in Crete, again.

Very nice people, quality food, and that SUN !!, and YES it was raining, AGAIN, when we landed at Manchester, but the grass is always green, what a compensation, I think NOT.

Photos for you all to enjoy, and keep those memories alive for another few months, until we go back again.

Cliff Astles