#1 epavrya

epavrya

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hello!

We're going to Crete first time in July. We're two couples. We loof for three kind of places:

1. Good beach which isn't too crouded and where there are different intertainment, for instance, wave runner, slides etc. In other words not only sea and stouns...
2. Interesting places for visiting. But we are not interested in "just beautiful nature". We'd like to visit terrifying caves, striking ancient buildings or volcanos, four-wheeled motobike riding and other interesting things.
3. And the last thing is nightlife, of course. Cool DJs, dancing, drinking etc.

The best way is living in several cities during the 10-12 days. So please recommend some cool places. Any information is much appreciated! Thnks to all in advance!!

Pavel.

#2 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

I think Pavel that you will find all you want on the north coast east of Heraklion. I suspect that most people here actually prefer beautiful nature to the touristy side of things so I'm not sure who might have the experiences you are looking for. There are caves all over Crete but the only readily accessible one I can think of are at Zoiniana. The area can be terrifying, see http://www.ana-mpa.g...amp;service=100. I found the locals very friendly though and we were welcomed at the caves.

#3 muzzy

muzzy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

you might want to visit rethymno great place for night life and day time activitys there is a company there that atkes you on fast qaud bike trails in the mountains great fun and an adrenelin rush if you want it just past there is georgiopoulis 6km sand beach good activitys and a lovely village to eat in

#4 mfc

mfc

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

MALIA